how to use google apps 2021. The Google app can be confusing. You see this on your phone screen with a large G, which suggests â€œGoogleâ€.Â may you not even be using it, as you are already using Chrome for all your web searches and site visits. You may be using Google Maps to navigate from one place to another. And there are other apps to help you with other tasks.
So it’s natural to ask
What is the Google app?
The Google app is the Google Search app.
But it also does a little more than the standard Google search bar in your browser to help you discover the world around you. Think of it as one window to the outside world. You can then customize it to receive information about your special interests and receive personalized updates.
You can get the same results on any Google search, but the Google app just makes it easier to control the plethora of information.
Google Search app can speed up searches. So let’s move on to the app and see what it can do.
Note. The Google Search app is slightly different on Android and iOS. For example, an Android app displays all news in Discover, while iOS calls it Home. The screenshots below are from iOS 13.
What does the Google app do?
Start with fun. Tap the Google logo on the homepage. If there is no special Google Doodle, the colored dots on the screen are chewed. Tap him again to test all of his dance moves.
Tap the weather icon (which displays the current temperature) to see the forecast on the Google search results page. The details pale in comparison to the weather app, but they are enough to be understood at a glance.
The main screen displays news, sports results and everything that is happening in the world by default. Sign in to the app with your Google account to customize the information you want to see.
The main part of the app is Google Search. Click on it to start a search, or select a search from the What’s Trending list below it.
The home screen of the Google app displays a feed of articles it thinks might interest you. This data comes from your search history, location, and other data Google holds about you. You can turn off web and app activity monitoring or remove it from the app itself by visiting the Action Controls page.
What groups are in the Google app?
Collections are a group of articles that you can match based on search results. This is a bookmarking feature and it uses the same icon next to the URL in the app. You can add anything from the search page to the collection, such as images, trips, and directions.
Add multiple collections and access them from the Collections screen. Edit or delete them at any time. You can also share your collections with others through the app.
Tap the collection you want to share. Configure sharing settings. As you can see in the screenshot below, you have two options.
- Share the link for viewing only.
- Share a link to the author so others can add to the collection.
You can use Collections to research and then use the Authors link to ask others for help, all from your phone. It can work as a message board for gathering additional information before travel, or for everyday things like a recipe book.
If you would like to view your collections in a browser, please log into this Google account and enter: https://www.google.com/collections.
7 Google Apps Tips You Should Know
1. Use dark mode. The Google app theme matches the default phone settings. You can toggle dark mode in the app settings.
Select Advanced> Settings> General> Theme.
2. Hide stories with one touch: Don’t want to follow a certain news on your home screen? Select the three dots at the bottom of the card and click “Hide this story.” This is one way to improve the topics you want to follow here.
3. Use 3D Touch for quick search: hold your finger on the Google icon a little longer and the quick search menu will open. 3D Touch is a great way to check what’s trending and use the different search modes that Google has.
4. Read aloud for multitasking: Click the Read Aloud button at the top to have a male or female voice read the article to you while you do something else. You can even add multiple articles to the queue.
5. Add Siri Shortcuts to Google: You can make Siri and Google Search play along by going to Settings and setting up a few of your favorite shortcuts. Siri keyboard shortcuts need to be configured using the Keyboard Shortcuts app before keywords trigger the desired action.
6. Enable Incognito Search: Incognito Search does not save your search history. You can do a quick search in incognito mode from the 3D Touch menu, or turn it on permanently by choosing More with three dots> Turn on incognito. After any search, you can click on the incognito icon at the top of the search page to turn it off.
7. Search with Google Lens. You don’t need separate OCR tools as Google Lens is a visual search engine for your phone. Translate text, scan products you want to buy online, do sightseeing, identify plants and animals, add events to your calendar with a poster, and more
You can even do a reverse google picture search of any image in your iPhone’s photos. Click on the tiny image icon in the upper right corner and select an image from your iPhone’s gallery.
Do I need a Google app?
If you actively use Google searches, the app gives you a convenient way to not only search the web, but also organize specific searches in your collections. You get Google Lens, Voice Search and regular Google Web Search with all its advanced operators in one or two taps.
First of all, you can keep up with the topics that interest you most. After all, you can just play around with Google Doodle or use 3D Touch on the Google Widget as a shortcut to search on iPhone. Tell us about it. Do you use it as much as you need?