Struggling to pick the best characters in Apex Legends? You can use this guide to learn about the abilities, playstyles, and ratings of each Legend in the game.
Think of it as the ultimate guide to help you sort out the characters and decide who you want to play as.
Apex Legends Season 4 Character List
As of Season 4, Apex Legends has 12 different characters. We’ve compiled a list of them based on their abilities, playable potential and hitbox size.
Rafe is one of the best characters in Apex Legends. She has everything for her. Rafe is a legend with a range of skills perfect for positioning. Rafe has the smallest hitbox in the game, so it’s very hard to hit.
What are Rafe’s abilities?
With the Ghost passive skill, Voices From The Void, the player can receive warnings from the Wraith when the player is aiming at her, which she can pass on to her teammates.
- Into The Void: Allows her to disappear from sight. She cannot be damaged during this time, but a trail of light will follow her position.
- Dimensional Rift: Allows her to create two portals that connect together. It is ideal for getting out of dangerous situations.
- Low Profile Perk: Due to its small hitbox, Wraith takes an additional 5% damage.
Which playstyle is right for Wraith players?
Wraith’s abilities offer great escape opportunities, making her a legend for aggressive players.
The Pathfinder is one of the best characters in Apex Legends for many of the same reasons as the Ghost. Pathfinder has tactical abilities focused on personal mobility and maximum ability focused on quickly moving teammates. Pathfinder also has a very small hitbox.
What are Pathfinder’s abilities?
- Insider Knowledge: Allows Pathfinder to scan the world’s vision beacons to locate the next ring.
- Grappling Hook: Can throw a Pathfinder in any direction. This ability can be mastered and is the best movement ability in Apex Legends.
- Zipline Gun: Can create a large zipline that anyone can move along with increased speed, ideal for entering or exiting combat.
Due to its small hitbox, Pathfinder also has a low profile perk.
Which playstyle is right for Pathfinder players?
Pathfinder is a great legend for anyone looking to play aggressively. You can fight with your ultimate and use grab at any time to escape, and you never have to worry about someone catching up with you.
Gibraltar is the third best character in Apex Legends despite having the biggest hitbox. This is thanks to the gun shield that blocks out most of his upper body when he takes aim. Gibraltar’s healing and defensive abilities also make it a strong team player.
What are the capabilities of Gibraltar?
- Gun Shield: Creates a shield around the upper body when aiming. The shield can block 50 damage.
- Dome Defense: Gibraltar can place a Dome that can block all damage. Dome Shield players can use healing items 25% faster, and Gibraltar can revive Dome Shield teammates 25% faster.
- Defensive Bombardment: Your position will receive an air strike. Airstrike missiles will deal 40 damage each.
- Reinforced Skill: Gibralter takes 15% less damage and cannot be slowed down by bullets like in other Legends.
What style of play suits the players from Gibraltar?
Gibraltar is a great legend for players looking to support their team. But don’t get me wrong, Gibraltar is also great for aggressive play.
Watson is another legend with a small hitbox, but she also has some great campsite abilities. She’s the perfect defense legend.
What are Wattson’s abilities?
- Spark of Genius: Allows her to fill her Ultimate Charge with just one Ultimate Accelerator. She can also recharge faster when standing next to her ultimate.
- Perimeter security. Wattson can accommodate fence posts that, when connected, form an electrical fence. Enemies passing through the fence will take damage and slow down.
- Interception Pylon: Watson can drop a pylon that can destroy any incoming ammo and slowly replenish shields over time.
- Watson also has a low profile perk.
What play style is right for Wattson players?
Watson is the perfect legend for those who love to play defensively. She is a great option for ranked players because she can hold areas well.
Bangalore has abilities that give her great positioning power and fast movement. She also has a small hitbox, but no low profile perk.
What are the capabilities of Bangalore?
- Double Time: Increases her speed by 30% for a short time every time bullets fall near her.
- Smoke Plant: Can be used to cover an area with smoke. You gain two charges, and each charge takes 30 seconds to recover.
- Rolling Thunder: Can trigger an artillery strike. He covers the area with slowly exploding rockets. It is great for changing positions in dangerous battles.
Which play style is right for Bangalore players?
Bangalore is a great legend for those who like to replay enemies with clever repositioning. You can use all of her abilities to quickly confuse enemies and launch an attack from a different position.
Lifeline is a legend perfect for supporting players. She has excellent healing abilities and an ultimate with an airdrop of loot. Unfortunately, the Bridge of Life has no repositioning or defense abilities, making her weaker than most of the other legends above her.
What are the abilities of the Life Bridge?
- Combat Medic: Allows her to respawn. teammates 25% faster. When respawning in the direction she is facing, a shield wall will appear. Lifeline can also personally use healing items 25% faster.
- DOC Heal Drone: Allows Lifeline to plant a small drone that can heal Lifeline and her teammates when they are standing nearby.
- Service Package: Allows Lifeline to reset the Service Package. Inside there will be three auxiliary or healing items.
- Lifeline also has a low profile perk that increases damage by 5%.
Which play style is right for lifeline players?
Lifeline is a great legend for those looking to support their team. Unfortunately, many of Lifeline’s perks can be found in Gibraltar, potentially making it the best option for the same role.
Crypto is a unique legend with powerful intelligence skills. You can use Crypto to control the drone, which can be used to check the area for players.
What are Crypto’s abilities?
- Neurolink: Allows Crypto and his teammates to see the outlines of players as viewed by his drone.
- Surveillance Drone: Allows Crypto to control a drone that can explore the area. The drone will scan enemies within a 30 meter radius.
- Drone EMP: Charges a massive EMP boost that deals 50 shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
Which playstyle is right for crypto players?
Crypto is ideal for those who like to prepare for a more tactical approach before going into battle. Since Crypto has to stay in place when activating his drone, it can be very vulnerable. To use cryptography successfully, you need good situational awareness.
Bloodhound is another intelligence legend, just like Crypto, but the tracking skills are much more active. Use Bloodhound to scout areas and know exactly where people are before starting a fight.
What are the abilities of Bloodhound?
- Tracker: Will leave clues such as player steps on your screen.
- Eye Of The Allfather: Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues in a large radius in front of Bloodhound. All enemies are also tracked through walls.
- Hunter Beast: All players are highlighted, your vision darkens and you can move 30% faster for 35 seconds. If you knock down a player during the ultimate, the timer will increase by 5 seconds.
What style of play is right for the bloodhound players?
Bloodhound is great for hunting players, so it is a great choice for those trying to understand their environment with other, more subtle clues.
Caustic is a great defense legend that is difficult to master. While not considered one of the best characters in Apex Legends, he can definitely replay other legends with a little practice.
What are Caustic’s abilities?
- Nox Vision: Allows Caustic to see the outlines of any enemies that move through Caustic’s gas.
- Nox Gas Trap: Allows Caustic to place up to 6 gas canisters that automatically release gas when an enemy is nearby or when fired.
- Nox Gas Grenade: Allows Caustic to throw a grenade that turns into a large gas zone at the target location.
- All Caustic gas damage accumulates over time and deals damage only to health, ignoring shields. Caustic also has a boosted perk, which means 15% less damage taken and no bullet slows.
What style of play is right for caustic players?
Caustic is a powerful defense legend, but it takes a lot of skill to master. He suits those who are patient, but want to master a character who can make one-on-one fight with players with his gas.
Octane is a legend that leads us to believe that he can move quickly, but these abilities put him in danger. Octane may be a funny legend, but it is not competitively viable.
What are Octane’s abilities?
- Swift Mend: Allows Octane to regenerate health over time when not taking damage.
- Stim: Allows Octane to move 30% faster for 6 seconds. The stim costs 10 health, but it can be used every two seconds. It sounds funny, but the capture of Pathfinder is still faster, and the ultimate Bloodhound moves at the same speed without risking health.
- Launch Pad: Deploys a jump pad that can throw players into the air. This ability can be useful for reaching high places.
Which playstyle is right for Octane players?
Octane is a legend for those who want to fight recklessly, have fun and not worry about the consequences. There are legends that fit this role, so consider Pathfinder or Bloodhound before taking Octane.
Mirage is a trickster who can create his own clones to confuse enemies, or use holographic technology to hide. Unfortunately, Mirage’s abilities only work when others are tricked, making it difficult to use against experienced players.
What are the Mirage’s abilities?
- Encore!: With this, you can become invisible for 5 seconds and create a fake decoy out of yourself when you are knocked down.
- Psyche Out: will send bait out of itself in the direction you specify.
- The act of disappearing: A ring of decoys will appear at your position and you will also become invisible.
Which playstyle is right for Mirage players?
Mirage is great for those who just want to have some fun with its themed trickster abilities. He is not particularly useful for the team and is inactive.
Revenant is arguably the newest character in Apex Legends, but he has a big hitbox issue making him easy to hit. His abilities offer some potential for flanking attacks by uninformed players, but they need some serious work before Revenant can take a higher spot.
What are the Revenant’s abilities?
- Stalker: Allows Revenant to climb walls higher and crouch higher. You are almost completely silent when you squat. Silence: Allows Revenant to throw a device that can damage players and disable their abilities for 10 seconds.
- Death Totem: Allows Revenant to place a totem. When the player activates the totem, he goes into shadow mode. In this mode, you will only take health damage. If all your health damage runs out, you will again find yourself at the totem.
Which playstyle is right for Revenant?
Revenant is great for players looking to sneak up on their enemies or set up calculated flanks. There is no other legend like Revenant, but you should be aware of his shortcomings before playing with him.
That concludes our look at the best Apex Legends characters. Do you agree with our list? Do not agree? Share your thoughts in the comments section.