TeamSpeak vs Discord: Which Is The Better 2021?.
Finding a way to talk to multiple people over the Internet can be tricky. If you are trying to get a group together this way, you probably want to download some new software that is simple and efficient to use.
The two most popular virtual group chat programs focused primarily on games are TeamSpeak and Discord. These are two of the most popular software for communicating with other people. They are both different from each other, but perform a similar task.
Depending on what you use the software for, the features of one or the other may be more useful to you.
In this article, we’ll weigh the differences between TeamSpeak and Discord, and the pros and cons of each, so you can decide which one best suits your needs.
This program is well known for its in-game voice chat capabilities, which is used by eSports leagues to communicate while playing. With TeamSpeak, you can create or join servers where you can chat with other users.
If you want to create your own private server, you will need the hardware to do this beforehand, but otherwise, it’s free by TeamSpeak. If you don’t, you can host the server via TeamSpeak, which will be public.
TeamSpeak is used primarily for in-game chats and has excellent overall voice quality. For this reason, it is great if you have a large group of people trying to communicate in the game at the same time. With TeamSpeak, you can do it very smoothly.
Here are the pros and cons of the program compared to Discord.
- High-quality voice transmission. TeamSpeak is known for its extremely high sound quality, which makes it a good choice if you have a large group as you can hear everyone clearly.
- Less bandwidth usage. If you are worried about game lag when using a voice chat program, TeamSpeak does not cause such problems compared to Discord, as Discord has more features than can cause lag while playing.
- An in-game overlay is available. If you need to use TeamSpeak while playing, there is an overlay that you can access while playing. You can use this to text chat or change any TeamSpeak settings you might need.
- Many text chat features are missing. Text chat in TeamSpeak is pretty straightforward compared to Discord. If you don’t want the hassle of text chatting, you might prefer this.
- You will have to pay for the servers. If you already have your own hardware to host the server, you can do it for free, but otherwise, you will have to pay a bandwidth fee to host it with TeamSpeak.
Discord is extremely popular for voice chat. Although it started primarily with the gaming community, its use has spread so that you can find many different types of communities on the service. It looks more like a social network than TeamSpeak.
On Discord, you can create or join servers for free. On each server, you can have different channels for different topics and set roles for the server members. With Discord’s text chat capabilities, such as the ability to easily send images and GIFs, it creates a great social environment.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Discord versus TeamSpeak.
- Intuitive user interface. Discord is very easy to use, even if you’ve never used a program like this before. This makes it very easy to get started and start using it right away.
- Free servers. With Discord, you can host servers for free, and the entire software is free to use as well. You can pay for an update called Discord Nitro, but it is not required to use all the program’s features.
- Lots of text chat features. Besides voice chat, Discord also has a powerful text chat system on every server. You can send emoticons, gifs, photos, attach files, and more. It is a great place for users to meet and communicate.
- Lots of users and communities. You can find many servers on Discord where you can discuss almost any topic you want. The program has expanded to include gaming communities and now many more people have started hosting different types of servers. There are places you can go to just chat and make friends, talk about movies or books, music and more.
- In-game overlay. Like TeamSpeak, Discord also has its own overlay that you can access while playing. It can also be fully customized if you want the overlay to look a certain way when you open it.
- There is no speaker prioritization system. If you have a lot of people trying to voice chat at the same time on the Discord channel, you might be in trouble. Discord can drown someone out if two people speak at the same time, and compared to TeamSpeak, the voice quality is slightly worse. However, if you don’t have many people in your voice chat, this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Collects user data. Discord has confirmed that they are collecting user data. This includes your email, text chats, images, and voice chats. It is not known if this data is sold to third parties, but it is possible that the company uses your data and that of other users to determine its future business model. Knowing this, it’s up to you whether you want to use the program or not.
Which Program Is Best?
When it comes down to it, choosing between TeamSpeak and Discord depends on what you want to use it for. If you have a small group that you want to have a voice chat with, Discord is probably your best bet. Discord is also great if you are more interested in text messaging and are more into the social media environment.
If you are most interested in a program that can bring teammates together for games and you will be using voice chat all the time, TeamSpeak is the best option. With its excellent voice quality and less risk of lag, it is definitely designed to complement multiplayer gameplay.
Both programs have a lot to offer, so you need to decide which features are best for you.
TeamSpeak vs Discord: Which Is The Better in 2021?
TeamSpeak vs Discord: Which Is The Better in 2021?