You’ve probably come across a situation where you have a music file in one format like MP3, but you need it to be M4R or some other type of audio. Instead of searching online for a version of the same M4R file, you can simply use an audio file converter to convert MP3 to M4R
The same is true for other music file formats such as OGG, WMA, M4A, and FLAC. The audio converter program can save one music file format to another so that the file will work in the program you are using, on the device you want to listen to it on, etc.
Below is a list of hand-picked music converters that anyone can use to convert between different audio file formats. We’ve limited our choices to only the best: they’re free, work on multiple platforms, and get the job done without any hassle.
Download Audio Converter from MediaHuman and you have a reliable file converter for your music. This program, which runs on Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu, has so many features that you’d be surprised that it’s free.
- Convert to a wide variety of audio file formats.
- Import the entire music folder at once.
- Convert playlist from iTunes.
- Configure output parameters (such as bitrate and channels).
- Several additional program options, for example, the ability to exit the program after converting music.
- You can automatically add the converted music to iTunes and even find the cover art for you
The converted files can be saved to any folder of your choice. In the settings, there is also the option to convert all music files to the same folder as the original file.
Instead of downloading a music converter to your computer to perform the conversion, you can do it all online with Convertio It works on all operating systems and lets you upload multiple files at once from your computer, from a URL, from your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
- 100 Maximum file size in MB.
- Save each song in a different file format, or make them all the same.
- Trim the music before converting.
- Adjust advanced settings such as codec, audio channels and frequency; and even make the song louder or quieter.
- Convert two music files at the same time.
- Download multiple converted files at once via Zip file.
The music transformations you make in Convertio can be saved back to your computer or imported into Google Drive or Dropbox.
You can pay for extra features like larger downloads, more concurrent conversions, no ads, and unlimited file conversions.
Similar to Convertio, Aconvert is an online music file converter that can convert audio from your computer, web address, your Dropbox account, or Google Drive account. One difference between the two music conversion sites is that this one allows you to convert files up to 200MB in size and does not impose a limit of two songs for each conversion session.
Supported output formats for converting music include: MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, AAC, AU, FLAC, M4A, MKA, AMR, OPUS, and more.
- Change the audio bitrate and / or sample rate before converting.
- Convert multiple music files at the same time.
- Really fast conversion.
- Allows you to delete converted files when you finish saving them.
- Generates a QR code on the download page for easy access from your phone or tablet.
Music converted with Aconvert can be saved to your computer, Dropbox or Google Drive.
Another way to convert music files to other formats is to use Convertaudio It allows you to upload files up to 500MB in size, add a fade effect to the beginning and / or end, and adjust the volume.
You can save music in formats including MP3, WAV, M4R, FLAC, M4A and OGG.
Unfortunately, you can only convert one song at a time, and online file storages are not supported (i.e. you need to download songs from your computer).
Another downloadable song conversion tool, Freemake Audio Converter, running on Windows, converts dozens of audio file formats to any of the following: MP3, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, M4A, and WMA.
- Mass conversion of music
- You can combine all files into one song.
- Allows you to configure additional parameters.
- Export to iTunes option enabled .
- Edit song titles before converting.
Tip: Learn how to batch rename MP3 metadata files if you need it too.
You can choose where to save the converted music, but you can only store it on your computer.