Rename A Printer in Windows.
When you add a printer in Windows 10, it is given a default name. For example, a manufacturer’s name such as Brother or Canon, followed by the model number of that particular device. This can cause confusion if you have multiple printers on the same network. If you only have one printer, you can give it a name that is easier for you to recognize.
If you have more than one, one printer may be useful for printing images, while the other is better suited for printing documents. This can help rename your printers in Windows 10 with different names such as “photo printer” and “document printer”. This can help ease headaches when figuring out which one to choose later. It can also help your family choose printers with simplified names.
There are several ways to rename a printer in Windows 10. You can use Windows 10 settings or Control Panel.
Rename the printer in the settings
Let’s go to Windows Settings to begin the process of renaming your printer (s) in Windows 10.
- Hold down the Windows and I keys on your keyboard, or select the Start menu and select the Settings icon.
- Select “Devices” from the settings menu.
- Then, on the left side of the screen, select Printers & Scanners under Devices.
- Select the printer from the list that you want to rename.
- You will see three options: Open Queue, Manage and Remove Device. Select “Manage”.
- On the next screen, select Printer Properties.
- You will see a text area with the printer’s name at the top of the window. Just click in this area and enter what you want your printer to be tagged on your Windows 10 computer. like (canon ts 6300)
- Finally, just press Enter or select OK.
Now you can see that the new name you gave your printer is saved for this printer. Now you can easily access your printer and be sure to choose the one that’s right for your printing task.
Rename the printer using the control panel
Let’s see how you can use Control Panel instead of Windows Settings to rename your printer.
1. In the search bar on the Windows taskbar, type “control panel”. Select “Open” under the Control Panel icon.
2. In the Control Panel window, select Hardware and Sound.
3. Then select “Devices and Printers“.
4. You will now see Devices, Multimedia Devices and Printers. The devices listed may vary, but this is what you will see in this installation of Windows 10. Go to the Printer area and select the printer you want to rename.
5. Then right-click the desired printer and select Printer Properties.
6. Select the upper text area and enter a new printer name.
7. Finally, press the Enter key on your computer keyboard or select OK.
Now the new name that you have chosen for the printer will be displayed and you’re done.
Renaming a printer in Windows 10 is a simple and painless process. Although there are several steps, we hope you found this guide helpful.