Quickly convert an image to text Microsoft Word 2021.
Knowing how to convert image text into an editable document in Microsoft Word can really save you time. We will show you a few different ways, step by step.
Imagine you want to convert a photo of an information brochure to Word so that you can edit the text. Or maybe you want to convert an image-only PDF (ie scanned) to an editable Word document. In any case, there are several ways to convert an image to text that you can edit in Word.
You will find these methods easier than typing all the text yourself! For each method, we will assume that you start with a JPG file with a photo of something with text.
How to Convert an Image to Word
For this method of converting an image to a Word document, you only need Microsoft Word.
NOTE. If you are starting with a scanned PDF or an image-only PDF, open Word and skip directly to step 7.
- Open a new Word document.
- Place the image file in the Word document by choosing Insert> Pictures.
- Navigate to the folder with the image file, select the file and click the Insert button.
- You now have a Word document containing an image.
- Select File> Save As and navigate to the folder where you want to save the document.
- In the Save As dialog box, next to Save As Type, select PDF from the drop-down list and click Save.
- Then select File> Open, or press Ctrl + O, find the PDF you just saved, select it and click the Open button.
- This is where the magic happens. You will see a message that Word is now converting your PDF to an editable Word document. Word warns you that the result may not look like the PDF, especially if the PDF contains many images. Click OK.
- Tada! You can now freely navigate your document. Image text has been converted to editable text and graphics have been inserted as images.
It was super easy, right? You can also use Google Docs to convert images into editable documents. Read on.
How to Convert an Image to Word Using Google Docs: The Easy Way
Whether you start with a graphic file or just a graphic PDF, there is an easy way to convert your file to an editable Google document. This method will work for JPG, PNG, GIF, or PDF files that are 2MB or less and are already oriented in the right direction. If necessary, use an image editing application to rotate it.
- In a browser, go to drive.google.com.
- Upload the image file to your Google Drive by choosing New> Upload File.
- Browse to the file and click the Open button.
- You should now see the file listed on your Google Drive page. Right-click (or Control-click for Mac) the image file and choose Open With> Google Docs.
- A new Google document will open containing an image and editable text. Bonus!
That’s all! It could hardly be easier.
How to Convert an Image to Word Using Google Docs: The Long Way
This method is similar to the first, but instead of Word, we’ll use Google Docs.
Now you know how easy it is to convert an image to an editable Word or Google document. In the unlikely event that you run into problems, you can always turn to third-party services to convert the image file to an editable Word document.
How to Convert an Image to Word with Third-Party Apps
Image-to-word converters are a dime a dozen. We tried the following web applications to convert an image file to an editable Word document and found that they all work well.
With Online2PDF.com, you can convert an image file to several different formats, including two types of Microsoft Word documents: .doc and .docx. Select “Yes” for optional character recognition.
Please note that the maximum file size is 100 MB. Although you can select up to twenty files, all of these files must not exceed 150MB.
On Image2Go.com, drag and drop an image file onto the page. Then, in the Target Format section, select the format you want to convert. Possible options: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, and others.
Select the Convert with OCR option. Review the other options on the page, make the desired changes, and then click Start. When it’s ready, the converted file will be downloaded automatically.
Tool to extract text from brand folder
Drag the image file to this page, crop the image if you want, and click the Upload button.
The Brandfolder Text Extractor tool will extract the text from the image by displaying it on the page so you can copy and paste it into your Microsoft Word document.
- In Google Docs, create a new blank document.
- Place the image file in your document by choosing Insert> Image and navigating to the image you want to convert.
- You now have a Google document containing an image.
- Then we’ll download the PDF document. Select File> Download> PDF Document. The file will download automatically.
- Choose File> Open and browse to the PDF you just downloaded. Click the “Open” button.
- The PDF file will open in a new browser tab. If you have a PDF add-on like Lumen installed in Google Drive, you may need to select Open With and select Google Docs.
- As you can see below, a PDF file opened with Google Docs can be edited. It looks a little funnier than the first method, but once you format the text, it helps.
- Finally, to save your Google document as a Microsoft Word document, choose File> Download> Microsoft Word (.docx) and the document will be automatically downloaded as a Word document.
- – –
Quickly convert an image to text Microsoft Word 2021
Quickly convert an image to text Microsoft Word 2021
- How to Restrict Editing on Word Documents