You don’t need a million dollar set-up to attract an audience to stream your games online. With services like YouTube and Twitch, you can play games and get paid for it, building an army of loyal fans along the way. Twitch, in particular, offers a number of features that allow fans to subscribe to and support their favorite channels.
However, if you’re new to Twitch, you might see snippets, tips, and other confusing terms and ask yourself: what exactly is Twitch Prime? If you’ve ever wanted to take your Twitch streaming addiction to the next level, you need Twitch Prime – here’s everything you need to know about it.
What is Twitch Prime?
Twitch Prime is an extension of the broader Amazon Prime subscription service that gives users free next day shipping, access to Amazon Prime Video, and more. However, for users, Twitch Prime is the best bragging tool, offering a number of benefits to both streamers and viewers.
These include watching ad-free Twitch streams, access to free games, and Amazon discounts on games you want to buy physically. You can also maintain your favorite channels with one monthly Twitch channel subscription included for free, although you can purchase more for other channels you support.
In terms of influence, a Twitch Prime membership gives you exclusive chat options, including Prime-only emojis, additional text colors, a cool Twitch Prime chat badge, and other channel-specific benefits that streamers have to offer Twitch users.
All in all, Twitch Prime allows you to support your favorite channels, providing better visibility for communicating with streamers and other users, as well as other tangible in-game benefits like discounts or free gifts.
Subscribe to Twitch Prime
If you want to subscribe to Twitch Prime, you’ll first need an Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Video subscription. Twitch Prime is an added benefit for Amazon Prime members.
If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can link your Amazon account to a separate Twitch account, taking advantage of both services.
- To do this, go to the Twitch Prime website At this point, you will need to sign in using your Amazon account. After logging in, click the Activate Twitch Prime button in the upper right corner.
- In the next step, you will be prompted to sign in to your Twitch account. Once logged in, you will need to confirm that you want to link your Amazon account to your Twitch account – click â€œConfirmâ€ to confirm this.
- Twitch will validate the process by listing some of your available benefits and giving you the option to subscribe to the channel.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can try it with a 30-day trial. It also gives you 30 days of free Twitch Prime membership – just link your Twitch account to your Amazon Prime trial account to get the benefits.
At the end of the trial period, your Twitch account will revert back to the standard free account.
Twitch Prime available countries
If you want to use Twitch Prime, you need to be in a country where Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Video subscriptions are available. In regions that are underserved by Amazon, you can subscribe to Amazon Prime Video using the global data plan and then link it to your account.
This means that no matter where you are, you will be able to get a Twitch Prime subscription – with a few exceptions. Currently, users from India or China cannot subscribe to any of these services, so they cannot subscribe to Twitch Prime either.
You also cannot subscribe to Twitch Prime if you are logged in from a country subject to the US trade embargo, such as North Korea or Iran.
Claim Twitch Prime Loot and Games
You can reap the benefits of a Twitch Prime membership in several ways.
Twitch Prime membership includes a variety of loot, that is, in-game items or gifts that you can use in some of your games. For example, you can request a special Twitch Prime-only cosmetic, or access a free trial of the game. To access these items, click the crown icon in the upper right corner of the Twitch website.
- You can see a complete list of loot, including games that you can get for free through your Twitch Prime membership, on the Twitch Prime Loot page. You can go there directly or by clicking the crown icon in the upper right corner of the Twitch website and then clicking the Visit Twitch Prime Loot Page button.
- On the Games & Loot tab, click Claim any game listed in the Prime Games section to get them for free. You can also do this for any loot or other content in any of the sections listed under the Games & Loot tab.
Use your FREE Twitch Prime Channel Subscription
Twitch Prime membership includes a free monthly channel subscription. Subscribing to a channel offers a number of benefits, including the ability to shout to the streamer, as well as certain channel benefits (including custom emojis).
It’s also a great way to support your favorite streamers. Subscribing to a channel means Amazon pays the streamer a percentage of the cost. While Twitch Prime members get a free subscription, Amazon still pays the channel’s streamer the equivalent.
- There are different subscription levels available to users with additional benefits depending on the length of the subscription and the amount you pay. To use your free Twitch Prime channel subscription, open the channel you want to subscribe to, then click the Subscribe button.
- Various subscription options will open. To use your free Twitch Prime subscription, click the Subscribe Free button.
Free Twitch Prime subscriptions are non-renewable, so you’ll need to do this every month to keep supporting your favorite channel or your subscription will expire. If you are streaming games on Twitch yourself, Twitch Prime subscriptions are a great way to increase revenue for your channel at no additional cost to your viewers.
Twitch Streaming Alternatives
Twitch knocked him out of the park, especially after Amazon acquired the company in 2014. It’s YouTube’s only real major competitor, but there are many Twitch alternatives if you want to stream gameplay outside of the Amazon ecosystem, such as Microsoft Mixer
If you like the idea of ??streaming your own gameplay, you can stream it yourself on Twitch. Just make sure you have a good quality microphone, a computer that can record screen recordings, and the right games to play to build an audience.