Did you know that Facebook uploads 4,000 photos every second? The social media platform has over a billion users worldwide and is expected to grow by 690 million in 2020. That’s a huge amount of photos being uploaded every day.
If you have a collection of photos uploaded over the years, depending on when you first joined the platform, Facebook allows you to move photos to photo albums to organize them. Then you can share them with your family and friends and keep the memories.
We’re going to show you how to move your photos on Facebook so you can organize your collection so that it is easier for you to manage, retrieve and share your collection.
How to Create a Facebook Photo Album
The Facebook photo album works the same way as regular photo albums, in which you insert photos, pictures or stamps, except that it is a virtual photo book. Plus, you can share it with any number of people by tagging them in the album itself or on different photos that you want them to see.
Unless you have set your profile privacy as private, your friends and followers can view your photo albums whenever they visit your page.
However, adding and managing photos on Facebook is not always easy because they often change the user interface.
– / –
Once you’re familiar with simple things like adding a profile photo or organizing photo albums, new size requirements are added or they completely change the interface.
On Facebook, before you can move photos to another album, you need to create albums.
- To do this, go to the news feed and click your name in the upper left corner. side of the screen to open your profile.
- Then click “Photos”.
- Click + Create Album.
- Select the photo or video you want to add to your album and click “Open”.
- Give the album a title, description or location. You can also tag your friends or family, add members, and choose who can view the photos in the album. For example, you can select Friends, Public, etc.
- Click Publish to create an album. If you want, you can change the covers of your albums to make them look funny and interesting.
Note. If you create multiple albums, you can move more than just photos Facebook now allows you to move videos, text messages, tags, and more. You can also follow your friends’ albums and be notified when they update, and highlight your favorite collections by showing your favorite albums on your profile.
- If you are using Facebook from your smartphone or tablet to create a photo album through the Facebook app, click on the menu (three horizontal lines) at the top right of the screen.
- If you Use Facebook from your smartphone or Tablet To create a photo album via the Facebook app, tap the menu (three horizontal lines) on the top right side of the screen.
- Tap your profile name to open your profile page.
- Click Photos, select a photo and click Finish.
- Click Album and then click Create Album. Name the album and give it a description.
- If you want your album to be restricted or available to everyone, click to select your privacy settings and then click Create.
- If you would like others to contribute to your album, toggle the Credits radio button and select names from your friends list. Click Finish.
- When finished, click Create and your new album is ready.
- To create a shared album, go to the album and in the upper left corner find and click “Add Member”.
- Enter the names of the members you want to add to the album, and then select an audience. The audience can only be Album Members, Friends Album Members, or Public.
- Click Save.
- Once you add contributors to an album, they can add other members, tag photos, add photos or videos, and even edit the album.
- To do this, go to the timeline and click “Photos” under the cover photo.
- Click on the photo album containing the photo / photos you want to move to another album. A new page will open with all the photos from this album. Hover over the photo or click “Edit” in the upper right corner (if you want, you can click on the pencil icon).
- Hover over the photo and click the arrow in the upper right corner. Click Move to Another Album.
- Under the photo you want to move, click the dropdown and select the target album.
- Click Move Photo. Your photo / photos have been moved, but you will still be on the original album page. If you want to view the photo, click the Albums link and select the album that contains the photo you just moved.
- For other albums, however, you can delete them by going to your Facebook profile page and clicking Photos. Click “Albums” and select the photo album you want to delete.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and then select Delete Album.
- Click again to confirm the action.
Create a photo album using the Facebook app
Create Shared Album
Shared Album on Facebook allows you and your family or friends to post photos and other media to albums, so you don’t have multiple albums for the same.
For example, if you have photos from your last prom and your friends have photos to share, you can put them all in a shared album and be notified when it updates.
Note. Shared Album members can only delete or edit the photos or videos they have uploaded. The owner of the album has rights to delete all content in the shared album. If you remove an author from an album, he or she can go to your activity log and remove the added photos.
Facebook: move photos to album
Now that you have your albums, it’s time to move your photos between albums.
Note. Profile covers and photo albums cannot be edited.
Note. If the photo you want to move to Facebook is part of a post, you will receive a toast notification.
Note. You cannot move photos and videos between Facebook albums from your smartphone or tablet.
Facebook: Delete a photo album
Not all photo albums on Facebook can be deleted, such as profile pictures, but you can delete any photos in such albums.