How to Whitelist Specific YouTube Channels on Adblocker.
Nobody likes to see ads. They increase your bandwidth, track your internet activity, and ruin the overall user experience. YouTube forces users to watch ads before playing the video itself; that thanks to the growing number of Adblock users, most of you don’t see. I understood. Advertising is annoying. But what if I tell you that some of your favorite YouTube users might have to close their channel in the future as they don’t make enough money.
Save your favorite creator by whitelisting their feed in your ad blocker.
How to whitelist specific YouTube channels on Adblocker
Advertising helps youtubers make a living and allows them to keep creating amazing content that we consume for free. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean we should take things for granted. Every time you view an ad or click on it because it piqued your interest, the content creator makes money that helps them hire the best talent and buy gadgets to create even better content. In short, if you want to keep your favorite author alive, turn off your ad blocker.
Unfortunately, whitelisting ads for a specific YouTube channel is not as easy as doing it on websites. But don’t worry, I wrote this simple guide on how to whitelist specific Youtube channels no matter which Adblock extension (or browser) you are using.
Read: Adblock Plus vs. uBlock Origin | Which to choose?
The three most used Adblock extensions are Adblock Plus, Adblock, and uBlock Origin. I will go over the solutions for these three, however if you are using a different one, I found a solution that works with every ad blocker.
Whitelist Youtube Channels on uBlock Origin – Chrome
I was unable to find a Firefox solution for the uBlock Origin add-on, but there is a workaround at the end of this article.
1. The first thing you need to do is download and install the Tampermonkey Custom Script Manager.
2. Then you need to download another Chrome extension to allow the whitelist.
3. Right-click uBlock Origin and select Options.
4. Click the “Whitelist” tab and add this line of code at the top. Click the Apply Changes button, highlighted in orange.
* youtube.com / * & disableadblock = 1
5. Open any video uploaded by your favorite channel that you want to support. You will have a new ADS button right before the subscriber count. Click on it once and you will see a green underline under the button. Refresh the page and you should see an ad.
Add YouTube Channels to the whitelist on Adblock – Chrome / Firefox
Adblock offers the ability to whitelist any Youtube channel by default.
1. Right-click the Adblock button and select options.
2. Check the box â€œAllow specific Youtube channels to be whitelistedâ€ and restart the browser.
3. Open any video uploaded by your favorite channel that you want to support. When the page loads, right-click on the Adblock and click the Add TechWiser Channel to Whitelist button. Refresh the page and all TechWiser videos will be whitelisted.
Youtube Channels whitelist on Adblock Plus / Any Adblocker
There is no direct solution to whitelisting ads on Adblock Plus, possibly due to the Acceptable Ads initiative, which allows certain ads it deems unobtrusive. Anyway, if you want to whitelist ads on a specific YouTube channel using Adblock Plus, here’s how to do it.
Visit Youtube homepage, click ABP and disable ads for the whole domain. So now you should see ads on Youtube no matter what channel or video you are visiting.
Now download and install this Enhancer for YouTube â„¢ add-on in Chrome and Firefox. This add-on offers a number of special features for Youtube, one of which is blocking ads and allowing them on specific Youtube channels that you want to support.
Right-click the Enhancer add-in and select Options. If you scroll down a bit, you’ll see an option called Video Player, in which you’ll find the Automatically Remove Ads option.
Select this option and enter the channel name displayed on its channel page in the Whitelisted Channels option.
Now you will only see ads on your favorite channels while ABP or any other ad blocker of your choice will continue to block ads on all sites that you visit through your browser without exception.
Add YouTube channels to your whitelist in ad blockers
I like Adblock because it has a built-in whitelist feature that makes it easier to use and makes the browser easier to use. Enhancer for Youtube is a great extension, but it is another add-on for your browser. Use it only if you also need the additional features it offers, such as keyboard shortcuts, view modes, and some extra buttons.
Read: How to block specific YouTube channels