How to View Your LinkedIn Profile as Public.how to make linkedin profile invisible.
LinkedIn is the largest professional social network on the Internet. Employers use LinkedIn to post and promote jobs, and job seekers post their profiles and resumes. It’s very important to review your public LinkedIn profile so you know what information is visible to people viewing it.
Employment Expert Alison Greene of Ask a Manager says, â€œMost employers don’t place a lot of importance on LinkedIn. If you have a profile, they can view it. If not, that’s okay. ” However, LinkedIn’s greatest value may lie in the peer-to-peer networking capabilities it provides, and your public LinkedIn profile is essential for that.
Table of Contents – how to make linkedin profile invisible
Public vs. Private LinkedIn Profiles
What’s the difference between a public and private LinkedIn profile? When someone searches for you on LinkedIn or accidentally logs into your profile, they will see your public profile unless you are a member of their network. However, you can customize what information about your profile is visible to other users.
In some cases, you can customize these permissions based on how someone is associated with you. Plus, you have limited control over what notifications people on your network receive when you change your profile.
LinkedIn is all about getting noticed. However, if you prefer to browse LinkedIn anonymously, you can do that too, whether you have a free account or a premium subscription. Learn how to browse LinkedIn privately.
How to View Your LinkedIn Profile as Public
You can view your public LinkedIn profile through a browser on your computer or the LinkedIn app.
View your LinkedIn profile as public on your desktop browser
In any web browser, go to LinkedIn.com and follow these steps.
Viewing your LinkedIn profile as public on the LinkedIn app
Mobile users can view their LinkedIn profile as public through the LinkedIn app.
Who can see your contact information?
LinkedIn views direct connections as first-degree connections. While almost anyone on LinkedIn can view your profile (other than people you’ve explicitly blocked), only your first-level acquaintances can view the contact information you add to your profile.
Second and third degree contacts cannot view your contact information. The only exception is your email address, if you specifically allow it.
Change who can view your email address
LinkedIn offers several unique options for your email address. When you first add your information to the Contacts section of your profile, your email address will be automatically filled in and, as stated above, will only be visible to your first degree acquaintances.
To configure who can view your email address, including any third-party services your direct connections have connected to their LinkedIn account (such as Outlook), follow these steps:
If you don’t want your connections to be visible only to you, they can also see a list of all the people you are connected with.
To access this option, choose Profile Photo> Settings> Visibility> Connections.
Notifications to Your Network
It can be difficult to tell if LinkedIn is notifying your contacts about the changes you make to your profile, and when. By default, if you add an entry to the Experience section of your profile, LinkedIn will not notify people on your network when your work changes.
To increase the likelihood that your LinkedIn contacts will see your job change or promotion, switch the Notify network switch to On when you add a new role to the Experience section of your profile.
Get Comfortable With LinkedIn
While you may be uncomfortable doing self-promotion, an active LinkedIn presence can be critical when you’re looking for a new position. Whether you are planning to upgrade to a premium LinkedIn account or are simply looking for tips on how to use your online site more efficiently, we have you covered!
How to View Your LinkedIn Profile as Public
- Select your profile picture in the upper right corner of the web page.
- Under Account, select Settings & Privacy.
- Select Visibility from the vertical menu on the left.
- Click the Edit Public Profile link on the right.
- A new page will open to view or edit your public profile, including those who can see your profile photo. You can also completely disable public access to your profile.
- On the new page, you can also customize what appears on your public LinkedIn profile. Use the radio buttons to toggle the visibility of these attributes on or off:
- Articles and Actions
- Current experiences with or without details
- Past experiences with or without details
- Education with or without details
- Â Projects
- You can create a public profile icon to publish on your website or on social media profiles if you want.
- 0 – Select your profile photo from the main application screen.
- 1-Select Settings.
- 2-Select Visibility.
- 3-Select Change Your Public Profile.
- 4-Select Preview Your Public Profile.
- To make changes to your public profile, select Back to Settings.
- From here you can:
- 1- Edit your own URL;
- 2-Edit the content of your profile;
- 3-Edit the visibility of your profile, including all the attributes listed above.
- 4-Create a public profile badge to post on your website or social media profiles.
- 1-Select your profile picture …
- 2-Select Settings & Privacy.
- 3-Select Visibility.
- 4-Select “Who can see or download your email address.”
- 1-Select one of the following options:
- Only visible to me
- 1st degree connections
- 1st and 2nd connections 2nd degree
- Everyone on LinkedIn
- How to View Your LinkedIn Profile as Public