How to Use the Create Button on the PS5 DualSense Controller.Have you ever wondered what that little button with three lines above it on the left side of the PS5 DualSense controller is for? The Create button is similar to the Share button on the PS4 controller on the PS5. We’ll explain how to use the Create button on the PS5 controller, mention some helpful tips and tricks, and explain how you can customize the button.
What Does The PS5 Controller Create Button Do?
Similar to the Share button on the PS4 controller, the Create button lets you take screenshots or recordings of your gameplay, save recent gameplay, or even stream or share your screen.
How to Snap And Share a Screenshot With the PS5 Controller Create Button
Want to take a screenshot of your game to share with your friends? This is easy to do and there are two ways. The first way is to press and hold the Create button to quickly take a screenshot. This is handy if you are in the middle of a dynamic game. . Or you can follow these steps:
- In the game, click the Create button.
- Use analog sticks or directional buttons to navigate to Take a screenshot, then press X to select it.
- A screenshot of your game will automatically be taken and you should hear the sound of the camera snapshot.
- To view the screenshot, select the preview in the lower left corner of the screen and press X.
- Here you can scroll past pictures with R1 and L1 buttons or click Go to Media Gallery to see all your shots.
- To share a screenshot, click the Share button below the screenshot (it looks like a curved arrow).
- Select a friend you want to share with on PlayStation Network, or select Twitter to share on social media. You can enter text for Twitter or a message to your friend on the next screen, then select Submit.
How to Start a Recording With the Create Button
Sometimes you want to share a particular moment of gameplay with your friends to show how cool your new game looks or help them with a puzzle or task they are stuck on. To quickly start recording, double-click the New button, then double-click it again to end recording, or follow the steps below.
- During gameplay, press the Create button on the PS5 DualSense controller to open the Create Control quick menu.
- Use analog sticks or direction buttons to navigate to Start new entry, then press X to select it.
- Recording will start automatically and you will see a timer at the top of the screen, which will disappear after a few seconds.
- Press the New button again to stop recording, then press X span > stop.
- Your entry will appear in the preview window in the lower left corner of the screen.
- To share it, follow steps 4 to 7 above.
Broadcasting Your Gameplay With the Create Button
If you want to stream your gameplay online to Twitch or YouTube, it’s easy to do so using the “Create” button on your PS5 controller.
- While in the game, press the Create button to open the Create Control quick menu.
- Navigate to the Broadcast symbol on the right (it looks like a radio tower) using the analog sticks or direction buttons, then press X to select this.
- You should see a privacy alert informing you that your PSN ID will appear next to your broadcast. Click X to confirm it.
- Select Twitch or YouTube.
- On the next screen, select Link Account to link your Twitch or YouTube account to your PSN account.
- YouTube may ask you to verify your account using your phone number, which may take up to 24 hours.
- Once verified, you can enter your broadcast information and then select Start Broadcast to start broadcasting your gameplay.
How to Save Recent Gameplay
Just defeated the game’s final boss in an epic battle and forgot to record your gameplay? Don’t worry – the “Create” button has an option to save your recent gameplay!
- Press the Create button while playing, then use the analog sticks or directional buttons to navigate to Save Recent Gameplay and press X.
- You will get two options: Save short clip or Save full video >.
- When saving a short clip, you can select 15 or 30 second clips, or clips spanning the last 5, 15, or 30 minutes.
- Saving a full video allows you to record up to an hour of the latest footage.
- Remember that when you select Save Short Clip or Save Full Video and recording begins, the time spent in the Create menu is included in the duration of the clip or video.
How to Share Your Screen Using the PS5 Controller Create Button
When you’re playing with friends, you can let them watch you play in real time, and that’s where screen sharing comes in handy. Sharing your screen is easy with the Share button on your PS5 controller. Here’s how:
- While in game, press the Create button.
- Use the analog sticks or arrow buttons to navigate to Screen Sharing in the lower right corner of the menu, then press X to choose.
- On the next screen, you can name your group, invite players, set a limit on the number of players you share with, and optionally request a request to join.
- If you’re happy with these settings, select Start Sharing by clicking the button X . You will need to select OK on the next screen to agree to the displayed privacy and internet connection information.
- To stop screen sharing, just click the New button again, select Screen Sharing, then select Stop Screen Sharing.
- A confirmation message “Screen Sharing Stopped” should appear in the upper right corner of the screen. You will also see a notification box that says “Do you want to leave the party?“, so select Yes if you are done playing with your friends, or No if you just want to stop screensharing but stay in the group.
How to Customize Capture Options
It’s worth playing with the capture options to make sure you’re recording or capturing exactly (and only) what you want when using the Create button on your PS5 controller.You can turn on microphone or party sound while recording and choose whether you want to save screenshots as JPG or PNG. You can also select the video file format WebM (most efficient) or MP4 (most compatible).Here’s how to access the settings capture options menu.
- Press the Create button while playing.
- Using analog sticks or joystick select Grip Options at the far right of the New menu, then press X.
- Here you can set everything from audio to manual recording permissions and more.
PS5 Controller Create Button Tips and Tricks
We’ll end with a few cool things you need to know to get the most out of the Create button on your PS5 controller.
How to customize PS5 controller create button
You can easily customize the Create button to suit your needs. Here’s how to do it.
- On the PS5 home screen, select the Settings icon in the top right corner (it looks like a gear).
- Scroll down and select Captures and Broadcasts > Create Button Keyboard Shortcuts .
- Choose Button Mapping to change the actions performed by clicking the Create button once, long-pressing it, and double-clicking it.
- You can also set the default video clip length by selecting Recent Game Video Clip Length or by turning off or on Screenshot Confirmation.
How to set the delay for pressing and holding the Create button
- Go to Settings> Accessibility.
- Scroll down to Controllers.
- Select Press & Hold Delay and select Standard (default ) or Long.
How to Use the Create Button on the PS5 DualSense Controller
How to Use the Create Button on the PS5 DualSense Controller