How To use Nvidia ShadowPlay to Record Games 2021.
If you have a computer with an NVIDIA graphics card, you may have seen the NVIDIA overlay notification whenever you opened a game. This feature is called NVIDIA Shadowplay and you can use it through the GeForce Experience overlay.
Whether you want to record some gameplay, share it with others, or stream, NVIDIA Shadowplay can do it all.
Before using this feature, there are a few things you need to know to get the most out of it. This article will show you how to download NVIDIA Shadowplay if you haven’t already, how to use it, and some of the pros and cons of using this free feature.
Opening NVIDIA ShadowplayÂ
Even if you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you may not have NVIDIA Shadowplay. You can check for GeForce Experience in the Windows search bar. If the application does not start, you need to download it. You can find the software on the NVIDIA website.
- On the GeForce Experience page, click the Download button.
- Wait for the file to download, then open it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install and the program should start automatically.
- If you find that the GeForce Experience is already installed on your computer, you can skip the download and immediately open it in-game to use NVIDIA Shadowplay.
How to Record with NVIDIA Shadowplay
If your goal is to record gameplay, follow these steps to do so through the GeForce Experience overlay.
- Open the game you want to record. You can see the app notification that appears when the game is loaded.
- If you see a notification, you will see that it prompts you to press Alt + Z to open an overlay that will appear on top of your game.
- If it doesn’t open this way, you can go to the Start menu and search for GeForce Experience. Then select the green triangle icon next to the settings icon to open the overlay that way.
- You will see several functions this application provides for recording. The first is Instant Replay. Selecting Enable will start recording gameplay, but recording will not be saved until you press Alt + F10 to save the last five minutes of gameplay. You can also set a different recording time by going to Instant Play> Settings> Instant Play Duration.
- You then have the option to start recording your entire gameplay using the Record option. Select this and then click “Start” to start your recording session. To stop recording, press Alt + F9 or open the overlay and select Stop and Save.
- If you also want to include webcam video and microphone audio in your recording, select the microphone and camera icons on the right side of the overlay to turn them on or off.
You can also change the settings for your recordings by selecting the recording function you want to use and then selecting the Settings option under Start. You can change the quality, resolution, frame rate and bit rate in the recording.
How to Stream With NVIDIA Shadowplay
Another NVIDIA Shadowplay feature available is gameplay streaming to several different platforms, including Twitch. It’s very easy to do and is a good option if you don’t have any other streaming software.
Here’s how to stream with Shadowplay:
- Open the GeForce Experience overlay and select the Broadcast Live option.
- Select Start, then select your streaming platform.
- Log in to the platform of your choice, add any information that will appear in your stream, and then select “Go Live”.
- Your gameplay will be streamed to the platform of your choice until you reopen the overlay and turn off live streaming.
Again, you can also select the Settings option to change your stream settings such as the platform you want to use, stream quality, and more. You can also turn the microphone or camera on or off in the main overlay screen as above.
Change NVIDIA Shadowplay Settings
If you want to change any settings on Shadowplay before you start recording or streaming, overlay gives you access to many settings. Here’s how you can access them:
- First open the GeForce Experience app and select the green triangle icon, or if you’re in a game, press Alt + Z to open the overlay.
- In the overlay, look to the right and select the gear icon to access the settings.
- In this window, you can select one of several parameters to be changed. Some of them are:
- HUD Layout: Change the look of the streaming HUD.
- Keyboard shortcuts: allows you to change the keys used for specific actions
- Entries: Change where your entries are saved.
There are a few more good customization options here, so it’s worth trying to make the recording or streaming exactly what you want.
How NVIDIA Shadowplay Affects Gameplay
According to the NVIDIA website, using the app may affect the performance of your gameplay. Usually the difference is only about 5%, although if the game is particularly demanding on your computer, it can be as high as 10%.
Otherwise, the difference probably won’t be as noticeable unless you’re playing a game where high performance is important. If you have a powerful enough computer, the change probably won’t have much more impact than any other program running in the background.
Using NVIDIA Shadowplay
If you have a PC with an NVIDIA graphics card, the GeForce Experience app is a great resource for your recording and streaming needs. If you follow this guide, you should be able to get quality recordings or streaming on your favorite platform in no time.
How To use Nvidia ShadowPlay to Record Games 2021
How To use Nvidia ShadowPlay to Record Games 2021
nvidia overlay won’t open
how to open geforce now overlay
nvidia overlay not working
nvidia overlay hotkey
disable nvidia overlay
how to open nvidia game filter
nvidia overlay fps
geforce experience shortcut not working