How to Use Bixby on Your Samsung.
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or newer, you already have Bixby voice assistant on your phone. It was created specifically for Samsung Galaxy devices that have a Bixby button on the side.
When you first launch Bixby for the first time, you will need to do a quick setup to sync Bixby to your Samsung account. Once this is done, you can start using all the available voice assistant features.
This article will guide you through this initial setup process, as well as how to set up Bixby and all the other features that come with the Bixby Voice Assistant.
how to activate Bixby voice.
How to Set Up Bixby
To launch Bixby for the first time, simply press the Bixby key on the left side of your Samsung phone. If you are using a Note10, Note20, Fold, Z Flip or S20 Series and up, this will be the side key (the side opposite to the volume button).
Press this button to launch Bixby and you will first see a welcome screen, followed by a screen where you can change the default language (if you like) and verify your Samsung email address. Select “Next”.
You will see a consent screen to receive Bixby’s â€œbenefit informationâ€. This is optional and you don’t need to accept it. Make your choice and click Next again.
You may be prompted to set up voice activation. In this case, click Next again and then Finish.
Other Bixby Button Results
If you’ve opened Bixby in the past but haven’t customized it, you might see other windows when you press the Bixby key. The window that appears depends on the state from which you last left Bixby when you used it (even accidentally).
You can just see a partial window with multiple Bixby consent options. Just confirm them to complete the Bixby setup.
If you don’t know where your Bixby button is, an alternative way to open the app is to simply search the apps on your device for Bixby and tap Bixby Voice in the results.
At some point after completing the basic initial setup, every time you press the Bixby button, you should see the Bixby Voice window displayed on the right screen in the image above.
How to Set Up Bixby Vision
What’s not obvious about Bixby on your Samsung device is that it does integrate with many aspects of your device. It’s built into the camera app, a reminder app, and usually always awaits your next command.
You need to set up the vision and reminder integration functionality.
To set up Bixby Vision:
- Launch the Camera app and select Advanced from the right side of the menu at the bottom of the window.
- On the next screen, select Bixby Vision in the upper right corner of the window.
- This will launch your camera in Bixby Vision mode. Bixby will automatically try to recognize any objects you point the camera at. When this happens, you will see a Show More Results link below the camera frame.
- Click on a link and Bixby will show you links to similar images on the Internet.
This feature is useful for identifying things while traveling, whether you want to find out the brand of the gadget, the color, or anything else where image recognition technology can help.
How to Set Up Bixby Reminders
One of the most useful features of Bixby is that it can save your memory. Every time you want to remember something, just say, “Bixby, create a reminder to go to the grocery store.”
If you want to launch this feature using the Bixby Reminder app, you need to enable it first.
To set up a Bixby reminder:
how to reset bixby
- Open Samsung Settings.
- Scroll down and click Applications in the Settings menu.
- Select the Reminder application from the list of applications.
- From the next menu, select Reminder Settings.
- Turn on the Add Reminder icon toggle button.
You can now use your voice to start a Bixby reminder, or tap the reminder icon and start it that way.
Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice Settings
There are additional ways to customize Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice to your liking. To access these advanced settings, go to Samsung Settings and select Apps.
In the apps menu, you’ll see Bixby Vision and Bixby Voice with a settings icon to the right of them.
If you touch the Bixby Vision settings icon, you can turn it on or off:
- Accessibility options: read text aloud, scene descriptions, etc.
- Wine Mode: reports the rating of the wine and the food that goes with it, based on the label.
- Translation Mode: Scan any text with your camera and Bixby Vision will translate it.
- Discovery Mode: Scan items to learn more about them
- Shopping Mode: Take a picture of what you want to buy and see online listings where you can buy it.
- QR Code: Allows Bixby to scan and identify QR codes
If you tap the Bixby Voice settings icon, you can customize:
- Default language and style
- Preferred capsules (services) for things like news and radio.
- Enable the option to wake up Bixby by saying “Hello Bixby”.
- Enable voice responses to your requests.
- Turn on automatic listening.
- Allow Bixby to work even when the phone is locked.
- Let Bixby dictate your voice whenever the keyboard is displayed.
- Enabling the Bixby key
Access Bixby Settings Via the Bixby App
There are several ways to access the same settings. You don’t need to go to the settings menu. From within the Bixby app, if you select the menu icon and then select the settings icon, you’ll have access to all of the same Bixby Voice settings listed above.
The path you take really depends on which one you find most convenient. The idea is that you don’t have to worry about how you initially set up Bixby. You can always go back to these settings and change them later.
How to Reset Bixby
If you’ve set up Bixby and can’t get it to behave the way you want it to, you can quickly reset the app and start over.
To reset Bixby:
- Open the Samsung Settings menu.
- Find and tap Apps and select Bixby Voice.
- Now Select Storage under Usage. …
- Select “Clear Cache” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Clear Data at the bottom left of the screen.
- Confirm your wish to clear all application data by clicking OK.
Now, the next time you launch Bixby, you’ll see the initial setup wizard again, as if you’ve never used the app before.
Just because you’re using a Samsung phone doesn’t mean you’re stuck in Bixby. If you prefer to use some other app, there are tons of other AI assistant apps to choose from.
How to Use Bixby on Your Samsung
How to Use Bixby on Your Samsung.
what is bixby
how to set up bixby on samsung tv
where is the bixby button
how to use bixby