How to uninstall Avast antivirus on Mac.
Using antivirus software is a great way to protect your Mac from malicious attacks, including zero-day threats and home Wi-Fi vulnerabilities. However, removing antivirus software can be a hassle if you want to switch to more efficient and better antivirus options.
While Avast Security for Mac is a popular all-in-one security tool, many users condemn its overconsumption of resources, poor performance, and annoying notifications. Plus, Avast is difficult to uninstall, which means you’ll have to work hard to completely uninstall it from your Mac.
We will show you how to uninstall Avast on Mac.
Why You Should Uninstall Avast on Mac
Avast Security for Mac offers essential free malware and virus protection, but the Premium version goes further to stop ransomware and expose Wi-Fi intruders.
With all these powerful features, some users are still wary of Avast vulnerabilities. Some users reported flaws such as location or IP address disclosure, browsing and search history logs, and lack of encryption for Internet connections.
In addition, the program has a slow scanning process, displays distracting pop-ups on the screen and consumes your computer’s resources.
You don’t want to skimp on the security of your data and laptop, so it is recommended that you uninstall Avast on Mac and get a stronger security package.
How to Uninstall Avast on Mac
You can uninstall Avast using the built-in uninstaller, manually, or using the uninstall program. Let’s take a look at each of these methods.
1. Uninstall Avast on Mac using the built-in uninstaller
Avast has a built-in uninstaller that you can use if you don’t want to manually uninstall your antivirus. This uninstaller will help you remove the application and any files that are left after the uninstallation is complete.
- To do this, go to the menu bar on your Mac and select the Avast Security icon to open the Avast Security User Interface.
- Select Open Avast.
- On the menu bar, select Go> Applications and double-click the Avast icon.
- With Avast Security for Mac open, select Avast> Uninstall Avast Security.
- Select “Delete” to confirm the action.
- If you are prompted for administrator credentials, you can enter your username and password or use Touch ID. Select “OK”.
- Select Quit and Avast will be successfully removed from your Mac.
2. Uninstall Avast on Mac manually
To manually uninstall Avast on Mac, close the Avast antivirus application and remove it from the Applications folder.
3. Uninstall Avast on Mac using the uninstaller
Uninstalling Avast using the built-in uninstaller will not completely uninstall Avast on your Mac. There may still be times when you cannot find all associated service folders, which means that there will be leftover files and folders that will still take up disk space on your computer.
In such cases, you can use the uninstaller to completely remove any traces of files or folders associated with the Avast application.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller is one of the best utilities that can uninstall apps and remove any associated data.
With App Cleaner & Uninstaller, you can uninstall Avast completely and safely. The uninstaller finds all the service files associated with Avast and removes everything in a few clicks, thereby saving you precious disk space.
Just run the uninstaller, select Avast, and then click Uninstall to uninstall Avast.
App Cleaner & Uninstaller also lets you uninstall browser extensions, change default login items or apps, and manage other Mac extensions.
Get Rid of Avast for Good
Uninstalling Avast on Mac can be tricky. Doing this manually is a more time consuming method, but with the built-in uninstaller or a suitable uninstaller, you can get rid of Avast for good.
Don’t forget to install a more reliable and effective security software package right after you uninstall Avast to protect your Mac from any malicious attacks.
Did you manage to uninstall Avast from your Mac? Share with us in the comments.
- Go to the library folder by opening Finder> Go> Go to Folder.
- Then enter ~ / Library and select Go to open it.
- Remove the service files associated with the Avast application from the following subfolders:
- ~ Library> Application Support> AvastHUB
- Â ~ Library> Caches> com.avast.AAFM
- ~ Library> LaunchAgents> com.avast.home.userpoint.plist
How to uninstall Avast antivirus on Mac
How to uninstall Avast antivirus on Mac
uninstall avast cleanup mac
avast for mac
how do i remove avast from my macbook pro
how to uninstall avast on a mac computer
manually uninstall avast mac
avast won’t open mac
how to uninstall avast passwords on mac