How to Turn Off Microsoft Launcher on Android quickly.
So you have installed Microsoft Launcher on your Android device and don’t care about it. It cannot be simply uninstalled like other Android apps. Turn off Microsoft Launcher first and then uninstall it. Disabling it isn’t as intuitive as it could be, but it’s simple.
Whatâ€™s Microsoft Launcher?
You may have come to this article because this is your first time hearing about Microsoft Launcher. So, before we move on to how to disable it, you can find out what Microsoft Launcher is.
Well, we think this is one of the best Android launchers. If you know how to extend your Outlook search, build linear regression in Excel, and know how to make a PowerPoint presentation without making people fall asleep, you will get the most out of Microsoft Launcher. If that’s what you want to install Microsoft Launcher, skip this article to the end.
Backup Microsoft Launcher Settings
First, back up your Microsoft Launcher settings in case you decide to try again.
- Press and hold on the background of the home page until it changes. In the lower right corner select “Launch Settings”.
- Scroll down and select “Backup and Restore”.
- Select Microsoft Launcher Backup.
- You can choose between backing up to cloud or local storage. Cloud storage will be safer in case something happens to your phone. For cloud storage, it will use whatever Microsoft account you set as your primary when installing Microsoft Launcher. It will automatically save the backup to your OneDrive space. Click the “Backup” button.
- Select the settings you want to save. It is best to select all of them. Now click the “Back Up Now” button.
- You will see a progress bar loading the backup.
- Finally, you will see that the backup was successful! message. Now use one of the following methods to turn off Microsoft Launcher.
- Press and hold the background of the home page until it changes. In the lower right corner select “Launch Settings”.
Turn Off Microsoft Launcher from the Home Screen
- Scroll down to advanced settings.
- NOW Select “Switch to another launcher” on the advanced settings screen.
- Then Select a different Home app, then “Just Once” or “Always”. Select “Just Once” if you want your Android to automatically switch to Microsoft Launcher the next time you restart your device. Select Always if you want to use a different launcher from now on.
- Find and press and hold the Microsoft Launcher icon. A box will appear above it. Click the right arrow> to see more options. Select Application Information.
Turn Off Microsoft Launcher from App Info
- On the application information screen, scroll down and select Set as default.
- Click the Clear Defaults button.
- The next screen will show that no defaults have been set. Return to your home screen.
- The phone should now ask you to select a home app. Select the one you want and then select Always. You should go back to the original launcher.
Should I Uninstall Microsoft Launcher Now?
After you turn off Microsoft Launcher, you may still notice that it does things like send you notifications. If this annoys you, your best bet is to uninstall Microsoft Launcher completely. This can be done only after switching it off.
After backing up your Microsoft Launcher settings, proceed with uninstalling the Microsoft Launcher app.
- Go to the Microsoft Launcher application and press and hold it. In the options window that opens, select Delete.
- The phone will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall the application. Select “OK”.
- As soon as you see the message about uninstalling the Microsoft Launcher, any remaining unwanted launcher effects will disappear.
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Launcher Settings?
Either you turned on Microsoft Launcher again, or you reinstalled it. Now you want to restore the previous Launcher settings. Let’s do that.
- With Microsoft Launcher enabled, press and hold the home page background until it changes. In the lower right corner select “Launch Settings”.
Scroll down and select “Backup and Restore”.
- Select “Repair Microsoft Launcher”.
- You can choose to restore from cloud storage or local storage. Choose the one that suits your backup. Click the “Restore” button.
- If you have multiple backups, they are listed here. Select the one you want to use, then select “Restore”.
- Select the settings to restore, and then select “Restore Now”.
- To confirm that you want to replace the current layout, select Confirm.
You will see a progress bar for the backup.
- When the download is complete, the phone will update. When the update is complete, you will be returned to the home screen with all your settings.
How Do I Install Microsoft Launcher on Android?
Yes, it’s a little weird that the Microsoft Launcher installation bit is at the end of the article. Honestly, this is because people ask more how to disable Microsoft Launcher than how to install it.
There’s nothing wrong with Microsoft Launcher, it’s just a taste for the Microsoft crowd.
- Go to the Microsoft Launcher page on Google Play and select Install. It will download and go through the initial installation.
- The Microsoft Launcher welcome screen appears after the initial installation is complete. You can watch the introductory slideshow or select “Start” to continue.
- It will ask if you want to share your data with Microsoft. Your choice, but we usually choose Not Now.
- It now requests permission to access the device location. If you want to get the most out of Microsoft Launcher, select Allow only when using the app. Note that you will always use the app because it is a launcher.
- When it requests access to photos, media, and files on your device for maximum performance, select “Allow”.
- Every day, choose between the current wallpaper or a new wallpaper from Microsoft Bing. Select “Continue”.
- Then you can choose to customize the current application on the home screen or customize. Chances are you like the way it is, so select Continue.
- We’re kind of at the end. You can use the default account for your phone, or add a work or school account.Â you If actively use Microsoft products at work or school, add this account. If not, select Let’s Go and skip to step 10.
- If you decide to add a work account, do so here. you if already have it on your phone, it will appear.Â not if select “Add a new account” and follow the instructions.
- You can now set Microsoft Launcher as your default launcher. First select “Do not show again”, then select “Default”.
- Your phone will ask you to install the Home app. Select Microsoft Launcher and Always.
This is it! Microsoft Launcher is installed and configured. Go through it and check all the functions.
How to Turn Off Microsoft Launcher on Android quickly
How to Turn Off Microsoft Launcher on Android quickly