How to Sign PDF on Windows 10.
Years ago, you needed to print a paper copy of a document in order to sign it. With the popular PDF file format, you can easily digitally sign a document, reuse the signature when you need it again, scan it, and share the PDF with others.
Whether you’re signing a lease, agreement, or applying for a loan, we’ll show you how to sign a PDF file in Windows.
You can sign a PDF on Windows using:
- Adobe Reader for Windows
- Adobe Reader DC / Adobe Reader DC Online
- Third Party Online Solutions
How to Sign a PDF in Adobe Reader
If you need to quickly sign a PDF file, you can do so using Adobe Reader.
Adobe Reader is the most popular PDF reader for Windows that lets you edit a PDF and sign it with a certified digital signature or handwritten signature.
- First, open your PDF document. to sign in to Adobe Reader and locate the Sign icon in the toolbar. Alternatively, open the Signature Panel by choosing View> Sign.
- Select “Place Signature” in the “Fill and Sign” section.
In the new window, click the dropdown arrow to choose how you want to place your signature. You will find four options:
- Enter my signature
- Use my webcam
- Draw my signature
- Use an image < / li>
How to sign a PDF file in Adobe Reader by entering your signature
- To do this, enter your name or the characters you want to sign in the “Enter your name” field …
- You can preview your signature in the “Verify Signature” field.
- Optionally, you can choose from four different signature styles by selecting the Change Signature Style option in the Verify Signature field.
- If you’re happy with the signature, select Accept to digitally sign the PDF.
- You will see a small floating field with your signature inside. Drag the frame to the area of â€‹â€‹the PDF file where you want to place the signature and resize the image accordingly.
- Select File> Save to save the signed PDF. If you wish, you can share the signed document directly with others by selecting â€œSignedâ€. Go to the send option in the toolbar.
- Choose whether you want to share by email, fax, ask others to sign, or keep a copy.
How to sign a PDF file in Adobe Reader using a webcam
You can also sign PDFs on Windows using your computer’s webcam.
- To do this, open the PDF file that you want to electronically sign and select Sign> Place Signature from the I Need to Sign list. section.
- Select Use Webcam from the drop-down menu in the Place Signature dialog box.
- An instruction will appear: Sign your name in black ink on white paper. Click the Start Webcam button to start capturing the signature image.
- Select “Start Webcam”.
- Align the caption so that it is on the blue line on the screen.
- Signature preview appears in the Captured Signature Preview field.
- Select Accept.
- Move the signature to the desired location in the document and resize it.
- Save the document or select Signed. Skip to submission to learn about other sharing options.
How to sign a PDF file in Adobe Reader by drawing your signature
Writing a signature may not be as easy as typing your name or scanning a signature using your webcam. However, if you have a Windows PC with a touchscreen and a stylus or Surface pen, you can sketch out your signature and sign the PDF.
- To do this, open the PDF document, select Sign> Place Signature in the “I Need to Sign” section.
- Select Draw My Signature from the drop-down menu in the Place Signature dialog box.
- Then draw your signature in the blank field provided.
- If you make a mistake while drawing, use the Clear Signature link to erase your drawing and start over.
- Select Accept. Sign the section of the document you want to sign and save the document.
How to sign a PDF file in Adobe Reader with an image
If you have an image signature (JPEG or PNG), you can use that to sign a PDF on Windows.
- To do this, open the PDF file in Adobe Reader, select Sign> Place a signature. In the new window, select “Use Image” from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Browse to open the image file containing your signature.
- Resize the image, select Accept to place it in the PDF, and save the file.
How to Sign a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC Reader
If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed, you can use it to sign a PDF on Windows. However, the program is also available for free online and you can still sign your PDF with it.
- Download and install the Windows version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your computer.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, choose File> Open to open the PDF you want to sign, and then choose Sign> Add Signature.
- In a new window, add your own signature, change the style if you like, and then select Apply.
- Drag the small box with your signature to the section of the PDF where you want to sign, and then save the document.
How to Sign a PDF File Using Adobe Acrobat Reader Online
If you don’t want to download the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, you can use the free online PDF signing tool on Windows.
- To do this, go to Adobe Acrobat online and click Select File to download the PDF document you want to sign. You can also drag and drop the file to download it.
- Sign in to your Adobe, Google or Apple account to continue and fill out the form.
- Select “Sign” to add your signature.
- Then select Add Signature.
- You can select Type, Draw, or upload your signature as an image, and then click Apply.
- Drag the signature wherever you want and then select Close.
- If you want to share the file, select Share next to the file name in Adobe Acrobat Reader Online.
- Then choose how you want to share the file and select Create Link to get the sharing link.
- Copy the shareable link and select “Share with others” to send and notify recipients by email.
- Click Next, then upload a signed document or receive a link to share it online.
How to Sign a PDF File Using DocuSign
DocuSign is an electronic signature provider that makes it easy to add a digital or electronic signature to PDF, Word or images.
- To sign a PDF file with DocuSign, you need to register to use the service. Create an account by going to DocuSign. Once logged in, drag and drop the PDF you want to sign and select Start Now.
- If you are the only person to sign the PDF, check the box next to “I am the only signer” and select “Sign.”
- If you are not the only person signing the PDF, leave the checkbox unchecked and click Next.
- Enter the name and email address of the recipient you want to sign in the document. If they are already in your contact list, their emails will be displayed when you start typing in the email field.
- If more than one recipient is required to sign the document, select Add Recipient.
- If they are in your contact list, click the drop-down arrow next to the Add Recipient button and select Add from Contacts.
- You can also choose whether the recipient (s) should sign, personally sign, receive a copy of the signed PDF, or view it.
- If you want only your recipient (s) to have access to the PDF for signing, select Configure> Add Passcode.
- Click Next.
Note. After all recipients receive the PDF and all have signed it, each recipient will receive a completed copy by email.
- Add the required fields to the PDF, such as Signature, Date, Name, Title, Company, and so on. When recipients receive the document, they simply click on each of the required fields and enter the required information before sending back a signed copy.
- Click Next, review the document, and select Submit.
Note. You can set the expiration date of the PDF document in the Options section of the View & Send section. In addition, you can choose the beneficiary’s privileges, such as whether they can sign documents on paper or change their signing duties.
- If you received an email with a PDF file through DocuSign and requires your signature, open the email and select View Document.
- Click “Start” and you will be redirected directly to where you need to sign or sign your name.
- Click the Login Here icon.
- Choose a style for your signature or draw one.
- If you want to change the font style or how the caption is displayed, select Change Style.
- Select your preferred style from the options available, and then select Accept & Sign.
- The signature will appear on the document. Click Finish to complete the signing process.
The owner of the document will receive an email notification that you have signed the document. Once all other recipients have signed, everyone will receive a copy of the signed document.
Sign a PDF File Using Online Solutions
If signing a PDF file on Windows using Adobe Reader or DocuSign seems tricky, there are several online solutions that you can use to electronically or digitally sign PDFs.
Quickly Sign a PDF on Your PC
Signing a PDF file on Windows can be a hassle, but with the instructions in this tutorial, you should be able to easily do it and save or share your document with others. If you’re using a Mac, check out our in-depth guides on how to edit PDFs on Mac and how to sign PDFs on Mac.
Have you tried any of the ways listed here to sign a PDF file on Windows? Share your experience with us in the comments.
How to Sign PDF on Windows 10
add digital signature to pdf
sign pdf windows free
download pdf reader for windows 10
add digital signature block to pdf