Printing a PDF, signing it, and then scanning it to send it back to the Internet is very easy and only takes a couple of minutes. But there is a better way than printing out unnecessary paper. How about you don’t have to print it at all?
Today, let’s take a look at how to sign a PDF online. Not only will the signing process be faster, the environment will thank you for it.
Windows and Android OS
Windows and Android operating system
To create an electronic signature on a PDF document, Adobe Acrobat Reader is used. It is quite large of all PDF viewers.
But compared to its counterparts, it is better when it comes to the greatest number of functions. These features include creating, viewing and printing PDF files.
Also great for signing documents. Adobe Acrobat Reader makes it easy to sign PDF forms.
- First, launch Adobe Reader.
- Open the PDF file you want to electronically sign by clicking “Open”.
- Then select Fill & Sign.
- In this section, you will have access to the tools you need to create your signature. You can select Add Text, Add Check Mark, Place Initials, and Sign Signature as you like.
- Here you can also access additional tools to help you sign a PDF. You can send or collect signatures and work with certificates.
- If you choose Place Signature, a pop-up window will appear. You will be asked the question: how do you want to create your signature? To do this, you have a list of options, including Enter my signature, Use webcam, , and Use certificate.
- An easy choice is to write my signature. With this option, all you have to do is enter your name.
- You can see the result below. In the “Check Signature” section, you can change the signature style to your liking. Click “Accept” to finish.
- Once you’ve finished creating your signature, you can place it anywhere in the PDF document and customize it to your liking.
MacOS and iOS
MacOS and iOS
If you are using a non-Windows device, you can also use Adobe Acrobat Reader to sign PDF files. But if you don’t want to download and install it, there is another solution.
- Select the PDF file, right-click it and choose Open With> Preview (default).
- Click the Show Editing Toolbar icon.
- Then click the Signature icon and select Create Signature From FaceTime HD Camera.
- Then you need to sign your name on a blank sheet of paper and hang it on the camera. You can also use a ready-made image of your signature. Align it properly and click “Accept” when done.
- This signature is now saved on your computer. Therefore, whenever you click the Signature icon (as before), you can see it as one of the menu items.
- To use it, simply select it from the Signature menu and place it wherever you want to sign in the document.