Social media is all it takes to share, right? Facebook has a share button and Twitter has a retweet button. So why is it so difficult on Instagram to repost content that other users have shared?
While it’s not easy, influencers and brands use repost strategies to grow followers and build a reputation.
Since Instagram is now the second most visited social network with over a billion monthly active users, learning how to repost and share Instagram posts is good for your brand.
There are several ways to request permission. One of them is to ask the owner of the content in the comment you leave on his photo.
Another is to send them a direct message on Instagram. To avoid confusion as to what kind of image you are asking for a repost, send the image itself directly to the user as a direct message.
Follow these steps:
- Find the post in their account.
- Then click the paper airplane icon (see screenshot below).
- Enter the name of the account owner.
- Ask for permission to republish his post in this private post.
Instagram really gives you the ability to share images of other people in your story. Use the same plane icon you used to send a direct message when requesting permission to repost an image. You can use the Instagram app or a third party tool to use Instagram on your PC.
Share Instagram posts to other platforms
When you find the message you want to share, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the image.
Now click Share.
You can share the post in the following ways (see screenshot above).
- For your direct contacts on Instagram in a private message.
- Like a message on Facebook Messenger.
- Directly on your personal Facebook profile or on the page you manage.
- On Twitter.
- By email.
- Copy link (3rd party application required).
Note that in the screenshot below, when you share to Facebook, Instagram takes care to do justice to the original owner of the post.
When you share on Twitter, the image itself doesn’t appear in your feed. A link to the original message appears.
This isn’t ideal as it doesn’t add visual value to your Twitter feed.
Your followers will have to click on the link to see the original Instagram image.
What if you want to share the Instagram post you like on your timeline instead of a private message? Here are some ways to share:
Paraphrase words manually
You can take a screenshot of the image and upload it to Instagram just like any other photo or video from the camera.
Instagram even offers its own editing tools so you can adjust sizes.
If you choose to manually republish the image, remember to:
- Ask the content owner for permission.
- Mark owner.
- Give a link to the owner of the image. One way is to add a caption to the image with a link to the original source, for example “Photo courtesy:” @username “.
There is an app for that
When the need for something becomes apparent to anyone, anywhere, someone will develop an application for it. Posting to Instagram is no exception.
Once you get the permission you need to repost, you can use the copy link option above and use one of the following apps.
Repost for Instagram 2019
Repost to Instagram 2019
The Instagram repost is available for both iOS and Android. This allows you to host multiple videos and images.
The big advantage is that the app will add a watermark to the content you want to republish.
The watermark includes the username of the original Instagram user and indicates the owner.
Several features of this application make it easy to:
- Automatically copy the original signature and paste it into your own message.
- Easily report multiple videos or images quickly.
- Download and publish videos from IGTV.
Follow these steps to republish images with this app to Instagram:
- Find the video or image you want to republish.
- Find and click on the three dots at the top right of the message and click.
- Select “copy link”.
- You will only be able to copy links from public messages.
- Private images will not have a “copy link” option.
- The repost app will automatically start uploading your video or image.
- Open the app where you will see a notification once the download is complete.
- Select “repost to Instagram”.
When you select Repost, the app allows you to select where in the post you link to the owner of the image.
You can also choose light or dark for the username.
Select “Copy signature and repost” and you’re done.
Now that you’ve learned how to share and repost Instagram images, you can add Instagram marketing to your social media marketing initiatives.