How To Set Up Apple Wallet.
Apple Wallet (formerly Passbook) is a mobile wallet application that you can use to digitize all the cards in your wallet or pockets so you don’t have to carry them around with you all the time.
It securely stores all your passes, coupons, credit and debit cards, airline or movie tickets, gift cards, and loyalty cards in virtual versions so you can easily access them anytime. This means you can pay for Starbucks coffee, go to the movies, get on a plane, and more.
As an app that is always online and location aware, Wallet can query and update your pass balance, providing information such as your gift card balance, flight and concert seats, expiration dates, and more.
If you’re tired of carrying regular cards and cash with you, we’ll show you how to set up Apple Wallet and experience the convenience of using your iPhone.
Set up Apple Wallet
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
Setting Apple Wallet
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone.
- You will see three different options: Add Card, Scan Code and Find Wallet Apps. The first, Add Card (or Add Debit or Credit Card), will help you set up Apple Pay, while Scan Code and Find Wallet Apps will help you add passes to the app so you can start using them from your devices.
How to add cards to Wallet
How to add passes to the Wallet app
There are several ways to add passes to the Wallet:
- Using applications with Wallet support.
- Scan barcode or QR code.
- Clicking the Wallet notification that appears after you pay with Apple Pay from supported merchants. Airlines such as American and Delta Airlines allow you to add your boarding pass to Wallet after check-in.
- From your Mac.
- Via mail or messages.
- Via a web browser.
- AirDrop Sharing.
- Create iTunes Pass.
- Via eAccounts app (for students).
The easiest and most commonly used way to add passes to your wallet is to scan barcode or QR codes and search for wallet apps.
How to add passes to your wallet using the scan code
- First find the pass you want to add and then open Wallet on your device.
- Click Scan Code and use the iPhone camera to scan the pass.
Note. The QR Code Scanner is only available on devices running iOS 11 and 12.
- The Pass will be added to the Wallet app so you can access and use it.
If you are in a retail store, you can use your in-store bonus cards, offers or coupons by scrolling through Wallet and clicking on the pass you want to use. The cashier will simply scan the barcode or QR code directly from your device. It is so simple.
Other passes, such as plane boarding passes, concert or movie tickets, student passes, and more, are used in the same way so you don’t need to carry physical passes with you.
How to add a pass to the wallet using the Wallet-enabled app
- Open the Wallet app.
- Click Find Wallet Apps.
In the case of an airline boarding pass, download the airline’s mobile app and save the boarding passes in your wallet. Upon arrival at the airport, scan your mobile boarding pass in front of security and at the boarding gate before boarding your flight.
Wallet also stores your boarding passes for flights with multiple flights or flights together.
How to add cards to wallet for use with Apple Pay
In addition to storing and tracking passes, Wallet also lets you store your debit and credit card information using Apple Pay. You can use them for mobile payments in apps or on the web, wherever accepted.
All you need is your iPhone and the Wallet app for fast, completely wireless and safer purchases.
- To start using Apple Pay, make sure your iPhone is compatible, then open Wallet or the app. which supports wallet cards.
- Go to “Add Card” (or, if you are opening from within the application, tap the “Payment” tab). The process for adding cards varies from app to app depending on how the developer or company decides to use them.
- To add cards directly to Wallet, open the app and then click on the + (plus) sign in the blue circle at the top right of the screen
- Lift the card and position it so that it fits the frame of the screen.
- The device will recognize and scan the card. If not, you can click the “Enter card details manually” link at the bottom of the screen to enter the information.
- The card data will appear on the screen. Follow your bank’s instructions to complete the process. Different banks have different security procedures, so you may need to call your bank and get a bank code or use other means to verify your card with your bank.
- Click Next to complete the configuration. If you have other cards you want to add, repeat this process.
You are now ready to use Apple Pay to shop online, in the app, or in a store. Some stores and international chains that accept it include Starbucks, Macyâ€™s, Staples, Target, The Gap, McDonaldâ€™s, Whole Foods, Walgreens, Nike, as well as airlines, banks and other service providers in various countries.
- If you want to remove a pass, open Wallet, click on the pass you want to remove, and then click on the ellipses (black) at the top right of the screen.
- Click Remove Skip.
- You can also open the Wallet app and click Edit Passages at the bottom of the screen. Then tap the red minus sign next to the gap you want to remove and tap Remove.
Apple Pay requires you to authenticate every transaction with a password, Touch ID, or Face ID, so it’s safer than using a credit card. With your maps, passes and coupons conveniently stored on your iPhone, everything you need is close at hand.