WhatsApp is arguably the largest and most popular instant messaging app in the world. His acquisition of Facebook, used by everyone and their grandmother, worried many, but it also gave the messaging platform a serious influx of money and improved its infrastructure.
Last year, my son-in-law had one wedding planning setup, which reduced unnecessary letters and crossed wires. Families can set them up for photo sharing and chat. Companies can customize it for support requests. The possibilities are endless.
If it’s not a private discussion, you can post an interactive invite link that allows anyone in the world to instantly join the group from their phone or desktop.
Create a WhatsApp Group
Create a group on WhatsApp
Here’s how to create a WhatsApp group. We’ll take a look at how to do this in a desktop application as it is much easier. After that, the new groups are instantly synced to your phone.
- After logging into the WhatsApp desktop app, click New Chat in the left column of contacts.
- You will now see the New Group option. Click on it.
- Start typing the names of the people you want to add to the group. To open a group, you must add at least one person other than yourself. If the person you want is on WhatsApp but you can’t find them, make sure your phone has the correct phone number.
- As soon as you add at least one more group member, the group will open ready to chat. If you click on the group header at the top, you can make some changes and settings. This includes changing the name of the group, adding an avatar, adding a description, and assigning specific group members as administrators.
- If you scroll further down the list, you will see this option. Here you can create an interactive invite link for the group if the discussions are not private.
- Then you will receive an encrypted link that you can share. Since this is a closed group, I’ve hidden the last few numbers to keep out the hype.
- At this point, your new group will appear on your WhatsApp registered mobile phone. If not, turn off WhatsApp on your phone and restart it.
Note: anyone added to a new group will be automatically notified by WhatsApp and the group will immediately appear in their contact list.
If your group gets very busy, you can mute the sound so your phone doesn’t always ping. You can find the mute function in the same area where you can customize your new group. You will still receive notifications for new messages, but only the number of unread notifications next to the WhatsApp logo. You can then read the messages at your leisure.