How To Send a PDF File To a Kindle. Amazon Kindle makes it very easy to buy and download books from the Kindle store. If you are using Kindle Unlimited, you can even skip the purchase process. In just a couple of seconds, you can start reading the book. But did you know there is much more you can do with the Kindle?
For example, you can use email to wirelessly deliver various types of documents (including PDF format) that can be opened on your Amazon Kindle. This can be done in two ways: wired or wireless. Here’s how to send a PDF file to your Kindle.
How to find your Amazon Kindle email
The first step to sending a PDF to your Kindle is to find a unique email address associated with your Amazon Kindle. Each Amazon Kindle has its own unique email address that you can customize.
- Go to the Amazon Manage Your Content and Devices page and go to the Preferences tab.
- Scroll down and select the Personal Document Settings option.
- This section will now be expanded. Here, find the “Email Options for Send to Kindle” option.
- This will show you a list of all devices that are currently associated with your Amazon Kindle account. This can be your Amazon Kindle device or smartphones with the Amazon Kindle app. Each device has a unique email address.
- Find your Amazon Kindle device and write down your email address. If you wish, you can click the “Change” button to change the address.
- Here, use the text box to change the address to something recognizable and then click the Save button.
You now know your Amazon Kindle email address.
How to add email to the Authorized Senders List
For privacy and security reasons, Amazon Kindle will only receive documents from pre-approved email addresses. So, in order to send a PDF to Kindle, you need to first add your email address to the pre-approved list.
- On the same Personal Document Settings page, scroll down until you find the Personal Documents Approved Email List section.
- Here, click the Add New Approved Email button. email address link.
- Enter your email address in the text box and click the Add Address button.
You can repeat the process to add multiple email addresses to your approved senders list.
How to Send a PDF to Kindle Using Email
Now that the installation process is complete, it’s time to finally email the PDF to your Kindle.
- To do this, open the mail client of your choice. If you are a Gmail user, just go to the Gmail website or open the Gmail app on your smartphone.
- Then create a new email and enter a unique Amazon Kindle address in the To field.
- Then use the Attachment section to attach the PDF you want to send (you can also just drag the PDF to the compose window).
- You don’t need to do anything else. No need to add subject or text.
- After adding the attachment, just click the “Submit” button.
- If your Kindle is connected to the Internet, it will sync in a couple of minutes and automatically download the PDF.
- If you are impatient, you can speed up this process. From the Kindle home screen, tap the Settings button.
- Click the “Sync my Kindle” button here. This will force your Kindle to sync and download pending items.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see the PDF has been downloaded to your Kindle.
- Once downloaded, you can open it and start reading the PDF.
How to Send PDF to Kindle Using Caliber
While Email to Kindle is the most convenient option, it’s not the only one. If your Kindle does not have an active Wi-Fi connection, you can use the universal e-book manager Caliber to transfer PDFs to your Kindle.
- Download and install the Caliber app. Follow the application setup instructions to create a local library.
- Then drag and drop the PDF into Caliber to import it.
- Now connect your Kindle to your computer with the Micro USB data cable. After a couple of seconds, Caliber will add your Kindle to the app.
- Now right-click the PDF you just added (you can also select multiple PDFs here) and select Send to Device> Send to Main Memory option.
- In a couple of seconds, your PDF will be transferred to your Kindle along with the cover art and metadata.
- Click the arrow next to the Device button (which is your Kindle) and select the Eject This Device option.
- After safely removing your Kindle, disconnect it from your computer. When you get to the home screen, you’ll find the PDF you just migrated at the top of the Library section.
How to Send a PDF to Kindle Using Send To Kindle
If you’re going to be sending PDFs to your Kindle regularly enough, you can explore the separate Send to Kindle app for Windows and macOS (which is different from the Kindle Desktop reading app). The app lets you instantly send PDFs (or other documents) to your Kindle using drag and drop.
- Download the Send to Kindle app from the Amazon website.
- Once the installation is complete, sign in to your Amazon account
- You can now either directly drag the PDF onto the application icon, or open the application and drag the PDF into the application window.
- After adding the PDF, select the Kindle device you want to send it to. Then click the “Submit” button.
- After a couple of seconds, the app will send the PDF to your Kindle. After completing the process, the application will automatically close the window.
When you pick up your Kindle, you’ll find the PDF at the top of the home screen.
Did you find this Send to Kindle feature helpful? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below. Got a recording error? This is how you can publish your own Kindle book on a budget