How to See Your WiFi Password on iPhone.
WiFi passwords are easy to forget, especially since we usually save them on our devices. Most devices, including iPhones, save passwords so that they can automatically connect to your network when you’re in range. The problem occurs when you want to connect a new device to your network, but cannot remember the Wi-Fi password.
One way to find out your Wi-Fi password is to check if you wrote it down somewhere. This is what most of us do not do, and most likely it will not persist anywhere. In this case, your existing device such as iPhone can help you find the passcode.
When you connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network, it saves the Wi-Fi password for you. You can see the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone in a variety of ways.
Use your router’s IP address to see WiFi password on iPhone
When it comes to viewing saved Wi-Fi passwords on iPhone, there is a limitation. iOS doesn’t allow you to view passwords on your device by default. To fix this problem, you need to first find the IP address of your router on your iPhone, and then access that IP to find out the password.
In addition, you must be connected to the Wi-Fi network for which you want to reveal the password.
The procedure may seem too technical, but believe me, it is not. With this procedure, you will be able to see your WiFi password on your iPhone in no time.
- From your iPhone’s home screen, open the Settings app.
- Click “Wi-Fi” on the next screen. Then, tap the icon next to your Wi-Fi network, and a screen with detailed information about your Wi-Fi network will open.
- Scroll down the next screen and tap the DHCP tab if you are not already there. You will see the IP address next to Router. Write it down somewhere, as you will be using it in the next steps.
- Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone, enter the IP address you wrote down earlier and press Enter.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password to access the router. settings page. If you have not changed the router password, the username and password fields should be admin and admin.
- After logging in, you will need to find the option labeled “Wireless Settings” and click on it. Your router may have a different name for this parameter, but it should look similar and you shouldn’t have any problems finding it.
- On the wireless settings page, click on the option labeled â€œWireless Securityâ€. On this page you will find the entry “Electronic key”. This is the password for your Wi-Fi network. By clicking on this field, you should find out the password.
Now that you know the password for your network, you can connect other devices to it by entering the password manually.
See WiFi Passwords on iPhone with iCloud Keychain
There is actually a limitation on what Wi-Fi passwords you can see with the method above. It only allows you to reveal the password of the network to which you are currently connected. If you want to find passwords for other networks that you have connected to in the past, you will need to use this method.
ICloud Keychain is a repository of all of your passwords that you choose to use on your devices. This keychain also contains passwords for your Wi-Fi networks, and you can access it on your Mac to reveal passwords.
Sync iPhone WiFi Passwords Using iCloud Keychain
The first thing you need to do is sync all Wi-Fi passwords stored on your iPhone with the iCloud Keychain. Only then will you be able to see your passwords on your Mac.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone, click the name banner at the top and select iCloud.
- On the next screen, find and tap the Keychain Access option. This will allow you to access your iCloud Keychain settings.
- Click the iCloud Keychains switch to ON to start syncing passwords.
Wait a couple of minutes for the iPhone to finish syncing Wi-Fi passwords.
Access Saved Wi-Fi Passwords on iPhone on Mac
Now, you need to access Keychain Access on Mac and view your passwords.
- On your Mac, click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
- Click iCloud on the next screen.
- iCloud on Mac has several options that you can turn on and off. Set the Keychains option to ON.
- Click Launchpad in the Dock, find Keychain Access and click the app when it appears on your screen.
- When Keychain Access opens, enter your Wi-Fi network name in the search box and press Enter.
- Double-click a network when you find it in the list.
- Select the Show Password checkbox on the next screen to view the saved Wi-Fi password.
- You will be prompted for your Keychain password. Do this and click “OK”.
The password for the selected Wi-Fi network should appear on your screen. You can copy it to the clipboard if you want to keep it, or you can manually enter it on the device you want to connect to your Wi-Fi network.