The impact of social media has been studied for years, and it cannot be denied that the perfect social media post depends a lot on the time it was sent. Sending a tweet that you always thought would bring in big numbers in AM and not PM can be a huge mistake.
Many social media sites have built-in solutions for scheduling your posts, and if not, third-party tools like HootSuite for Twitter are often used.
However, Reddit is a social site where post scheduling can be a little anomalous. There are solutions, but almost none of them are free. Others require loading complex scripts or browser extensions. However, Cronnit, the best free web-based Reddit post planner to post to Reddit, is different.
What is Cronnit?
This service comes with no additional fees and works using the Reddit API via OAuth2 authentication. There is no limit other than a daily limit of five messages per day for each account. However, you can schedule unlimited messages for the future.
- Click the “Allow” button when prompted to grant Cronnit access to your account. You can always revoke his access in the future.
- After logging in, you will be taken to a blank screen with several buttons. It will be blank because this is where scheduled posts will appear.
- If you click the Add Post button, you’ll quickly see how easy it is to schedule a post.
- The form on this page is very simple. All that is required to fill out is a subreddit, post title, body text, date and time when you want to post, and time zone. You can also optionally send replies to posts to your inbox, and you can even tag your Reddit post as NSFW.
- When done, click the Schedule Publishing button.
That’s all! After scheduling a publication, you are returned to the list of scheduled publications. Even after your post on Reddit is done by Cronnit, it will remain on this page and its status will be tracked. If it was rate limited, an error occurred, or was published successfully, you can check it on this screen.
In the downloadable template that Cronnit provides, you can see how easy it is to set up publications in the required CSV format.
â€œMisusing this feature to send the same post multiple times or flood Reddit will result in permanent blocking. All accounts using this feature are subject to verification. ”
If you’re interested in finding the perfect subreddit to host these scheduled auto-posts, be sure to check out our Advanced Search Guide on Reddit