How to Run PS2 Games on PC (Step by Step Guide).
PSX2 is an emulator program for your Windows PC to run ps2 games. While this is the best ps2 emulator on the web at the moment, we bring you the best of the best.
PS2 is a very popular gaming platform for your TV, and you may need a TV tuner card, Sony 2 game console and games to play this platform on your PC. But if you’re running out of budget, then here’s how you can try them for free. And if you like it, then buy it.
HOW TO OPTIMIZE FOR YOUR SIMPLICITY:
- Preinstalled BIOS and Plugins
- Comes with the best presets to work on any PC.
- Faster installation than the standard version.
- The controller settings for the USB Universal Gaming Pad are already configured.
- Games running on every new I-series computer (haven’t tried with old PDs, but if so, share your experience in the comments)
However, this is a rather long post, but the installation shouldn’t take more than a minute.
So read the entire process and follow the instructions carefully.
INSTALLING pcsx2 EMULATOR (click here to download from the official website)
Just open the downloaded Rar file and extract the psx2 folder to the location where you want to install the emulator.
Keep in mind that this version already includes both BIOS and plugins, so just click pcsx2-r4600.exe and keep going.
An emulator without games is nothing. In fact, they don’t even require installation. To play the games, you will need to follow a few simple steps:
- DOWNLOAD the ISO image file from the game DVD OR if you prefer to buy them as a DVD, then create an image of that DVD using NERO (you can Google this if do not know). This will give you the ISO file of your game, save it anywhere.
[NOTE: the best way is to download the iso from a torrent, it will save you time]
- Now open the psx2 folder and start the emulator by pressing pcsx2-r4600.exe. Now switch to MENU PANEL CDVD ISO (click)
Then click BROWSE (next to) and add the game from your hard drive.
- After adding a game, it will be in your ISO SELECTOR list, then choose your favorite game from here.
- This is the last step, switch to MENU PANEL SYSTEM LOAD DVD (full or fast, doesn’t matter)
- Your game will start in a new window, double click on it and enjoy the full screen. Fun!
Although the controller settings are already configured for USB gamepads, but nevertheless, if you want to change them or if you have any problems, you can switch to MENU PANEL CONFIGURATION CONTROLLERS (PANEL) PLUGIN SETTINGS
A window will open in which you can configure the buttons:
# 1 If you’re new to all of this, then don’t mess with its audio or video configuration. And if you do, then remember what changes you made, because they are not the default settings, so restoring to the default may not work.
# 2 The performance of this emulator depends on the hardware of your computer, sometimes it runs not with your NVIDIA or ATI graphics card, but with an integrated graphics card. But you can add this manually using the graphics card control panel.
# 3 If you have a powerful graphics card supporting dx10 or higher than you can select it in the video plugin settings. MENU PANEL VIDEO (GS) PLUGIN SETTINGS (always choose the HARDWARE renderer)
# 4 Graphics are pretty much the same in all settings until you change the resolution, but the recommended resolution is NATIVE.
# 5 And if you want to take a break, press ESC key, the whole game will be paused and closed, you can resume it from MENU PANEL SYSTEM RESUME until you close PSX2. So don’t close it in such conditions!