How to print text messages from an Android phone.
You might think that something as simple as printing text messages from your Android would be easy. Unfortunately, this is not an easy question.
The default Android messaging app or other standard messaging apps don’t have a built-in print feature, but there are a few workarounds.
These include using a quick screenshot of the conversation you want to print, using a third-party application, or using a connection to your Windows computer and printing messages from there.
Print Text Messages With a Screenshot
The screenshot approach is probably the simplest. This does not require other applications or connections to other devices. And if you have Google Cloud Print set up, you can print directly from your phone.
- Find the SMS dialog you want to print. Then take a screenshot of the conversation on your Android device. If the conversation goes beyond one screen, just scroll through and keep taking screenshots to the end. You can also take a scrollable screenshot.
- Find your saved screenshot and click the share icon at the bottom. Find the cloud printer you’ve set up and tap the app.
- A cloud printer will open to which you can send screenshots of the conversation via SMS.
If you don’t have cloud printing for Android set up, you can select email from the shared screen. Send the screenshot to your email so you can open it and print it from your computer or any other location where you have access to the printer. You can also transfer the screenshot to your computer using a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or OneDrive.
Print Text Messages With Super Backup
If you don’t like printing screenshots of your SMS conversation, you can use third-party apps to print text messages from Android.
One of the best apps for this is SuperBackup & Restore.
Install the app on your phone and then launch it. It only takes a few simple steps to print SMS messages from this app.
1. From the home screen, tap SMS. This will open up a variety of options available for managing the SMS messages stored on your phone.
2. On this screen, click the Conversation Backup button.
3. Check the box next to the SMS conversation you want to print.
If you want to print multiple conversations, you can check multiple boxes and make a backup copy.
Back at the SMS screen, you can now select any of the backed up SMS messages to print.
- Back at the SMS screen, click the View Backups button.
- Select the file you backed up for the text messages you want to print.
- Tap the printer icon that appears at the top of the window.
- Go to the cloud print options to send the printout to your printer.
If you don’t have a virtual printer configured, you can choose to print in PDF format. Then, either transfer the PDF file to your computer using Google Drive, or send it to your email address.
Print Text Messages With Your Phone
If you usually find it difficult to print something from your phone, there is another option that might work for you. You can simply access your text messages from your computer and then print them from there.
One of the easiest ways to do this is using a Windows 10 computer. You can use the Your Phone Companion app. You can download and install Your Phone Companion app for Android. You will also need to install the Your Windows Phone application on your computer.
If you have never used or set up this app until we have a guide on your phone to help you.
Note. While there is no Your Phone app for iPhone, you can use the Export SMS app in iTunes to export messages to your computer as a CSV or XML file and print them there.
After installing the apps on your Android and Windows PC, you can start printing text messages from your Android.
1. Synchronize your phone with your Windows computer by running both applications at the same time. Follow the instructions to sync the two devices.
2. Select the “Messages” link on the home page.
3. Find and select the text message thread you want to print.
4. Text messages from your Android will appear in the right pane. Now you can take a screenshot of the messages to print them.
As with taking screenshots for printing text messages from Android, you will need to move on to the next section of longer conversations and repeat the screenshots until the entire conversation is saved.
Printing these screenshots is no different from printing any other images saved on your computer.
Print Text Messages from Android
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to just print SMS messages from your Android messaging app. However, as you can see above, there are many useful workarounds.
Printing text messages from your Android can be very helpful when you have an important conversation with someone you don’t want to lose. Consider archiving them to the cloud or your computer to save space on your phone, as screenshots tend to take up a lot of space.
How to Print SMS Conversations on your Android Phone
How to print text messages from an Android phone
how to print text messages from Samsung
how to print text messages from android for court
android SMS transfer
how to print text messages for free
how to print text messages from Samsung galaxy s10
how to print text messages from google pixel
how to print text messages from LG phone
how can i print texts from my android phone