The ability to play PC games on Xbox Game Pass is one of the best features of the Xbox subscription service, but figuring out how to actually do it can be a little confusing. Before you get started, there are some additional steps you need to take.
Fortunately, the entire process will only take a few minutes if you follow this guide, so you should be ready to start playing the latest Xbox Game Pass games right away.
Make sure you subscribed to the correct Xbox Game Pass subscription To access games on your PC, you need Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass.
- To get started, you must first download the Xbox beta app. You can do this by visiting the official Xbox website
- When you are there, click the Download Application button. Run the downloaded file.
Guide to Playing Xbox Game Pass Games on PC
- To get started, you must first download the Xbox beta app. You can do this by visiting Xbox Official Site .
- When you’re there, tap the Download App button. Run the downloaded file.
- Click I have read and accept the Microsoft Software License Agreement, and then click Install. The installation process will only take a few minutes. After installing the app, tap Let’s go.
- Then click â€œTake Me To The Gamesâ€ and you’ll see a completely new user interface used exclusively for Xbox Game Pass games.
- Check the top right corner before you start. You should see the account you’re signed in to here. If you are using the wrong account, click here and then sign out – after that you will be able to sign in to the correct account. This usually happens because Xbox automatically assigns you an Xbox account, which is associated with a standard Microsoft account, which may be different from the one you used on Xbox.
- If you haven’t signed up for Xbox Game Pass yet, you should also see a promotional image in the banner carousel at the top of the app. You can click on it to register.
- You can then click on any Xbox Game Pass game in the UI, or search for specific games and click the tile for each game to play them. Please note that you need to download each game before playing it. When you click on a game tile, you will find information such as the size and category of the game file.
If you’d rather buy games over Xbox Game Pass, simply click the Store button at the top of the Xbox Game Pass PC app. Here you will see all the games available for purchase.
You will notice that the library is more than the “free with Xbox Game Pass” library. However, badges will appear when the game is also available on Xbox Game Pass so you don’t waste money on free Xbox Game Pass games if you choose to subscribe.
How do I cancel my Xbox Game Pass subscription?
If you decide you no longer want to use your Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can quickly cancel it by following the instructions below. Please be aware that any previously installed Xbox Game Pass games will not work until you subscribe again.
- Visit account.microsoft.com and click Sign In in the top right corner.
- On On the next page, click Manage in the Xbox Game Pass section of the Subscriptions tile.
- Then click Cancel. You will now have the option to cancel. See more information below.
When canceling, you have two options to choose from. You can
- Cancel, but keep Game Pass until the end of your active subscription.
- Cancel and receive a partial refund based on the remaining time of your subscription.
After canceling your subscription, you must re-subscribe to re-use Xbox Game Pass benefits. If you purchased any games directly from the store, you will still have access to them.
How can I play Xbox Game Pass games without downloading them?
Right now, Microsoft is creating a game streaming service called Project xCloud. This allows you to sign up for Xbox Game Pass and stream games directly from the cloud. This means you can play right now without downloading them.
However, Project xCloud is available for preview in very limited quantities right now. If you would like to register, you can do so here, but please note that you will not be accepted immediately, if at all. In the future, Project xCloud will become public and you can access all of its features by signing up for Xbox Game Pass or by purchasing games in the Xbox app.
What games are available on the Xbox Game Pass PC?
The list of Xbox Game Pass games is growing steadily, but it now boasts over 100 titles from a number of respected video game developers and publishers.
We have a small list of some of the best games below, but you can click the link to see more games.
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Dead By Daylight
- The Outer Worlds
- Dishonored 2
- Gears 5 Ultimate Edition
- The Blair Witch
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Dead Rising 4
- Metro Exodus
- More than 100 other games
Xbox Game Pass PC will also be home to all upcoming first-person exclusives like the highly anticipated Halo Infinite.
Hopefully you now know how to use Xbox Game Pass on PC, and perhaps you have learned some more useful information.
Do you have any more questions or thoughts about Xbox Game Pass? Feel free to share them in the comments section.