How To Pay Electricity Bill Online in India (Video).
Long gone are the days when you had to queue to pay your bills. You can now pay almost any bill online.
Paying bills online not only saves time and fuel, but also reduces the number of paper receipts. This has further reduced the company’s costs of paperwork, employees, etc. Overall, this is a win-win situation for everyone.
But how can I pay my electricity bills online?
In this tutorial, we will see four ways to pay electricity bills online in India. (Video)
But before we start, please note that all electricity bills are paid by the state department, not centrally. So, there is no single way to pay bills. It can be difficult to find a suitable website at first, but once you get one, everything else is easy. You can easily automate this.
Method 1: Pay your bills through your state website.
Screenshot of Paying Electricity Bills on JVVNL (Rajasthan) Websites Using the Fast Checkout Option
Almost every state in India has its own official website. Here you can sign up for a new account (or use fast checkout if available) to pay your electricity bills.
Typically, you need a unique identifier like CA number, K number, service number, etc. You can find it on your physical invoice copy. Payment method: debit / credit cards or internet banking.
How do you find your state’s electricity website?
This is a bit tricky as there is no fixed guide for this. But you can:
1. Find the website name on the printed invoice.
2. Google â€œPay your electricity bill in _xx_â€ (replace xx with your state or city).
3. Ask the responsible authority or online bill payer.
4. See the List of websites of popular electricity bill sellers at the end of the post.
Method 2. Payment via Internet banking Bill Pay
- Screenshot: list of billers integrated with HDFC online banking
Most Indian banks allow you to pay your bills with a list of invoices. So if you have online banking, go to Bill Payments Electricity and register your biller. The advantage of this method is that you can automate bill payments.
But sometimes the biller may not be listed in your bank. For example, I have network banking in two banks and my biller (JVVNL) is not listed in SBBJ, but luckily it is in HDFC network banking.
Method 3. Pay via bill payment service
- Bill Desk is a popular way to pay all bills in one place
Third-party bill payment systems such as a cashier and visa bill payment allow users to pay most of their bills online for free. Why free! Well, they get a small commission from the service provider itself.
These payment gateways are reliable, but they do not support all billers in India at the moment. Registration is free, but additional paperwork may be required. Personally, since I can pay bills through the official state website, I have never tried this one. Method 4. Payment via Airtel Money. If you have an Airtel connection, use Airtel money to pay your electricity bills directly from your registered mobile phone. To pay with Airtel money, follow these steps:
- Register your Airtel number in the app [no longer available]
- Fund your Airtel money account by bank transfer.
- Pay the bill with your phone.
However, Airtel money is not supported by every biller in the country, so be sure to check your Delhi online electricity bill . You can use this app or dial * 400 # and follow the instructions on the screen. (see next video for step-by-step instructions) Watch this video if you want to see a hands-on demonstration of 4 ways to pay online electricity bills in India
Before you leave
Here are a few things you need to know before you pay your first electricity bill online.
1. Service provider may charge an additional fee (1-2%) for debit card and credit card, but internet banking is usually free.
2. Most of the website is not compatible with all platforms and may go offline frequently. If this happens when you make a payment, your money will be returned to your original account.
3. In some cases, the Bill Desk may request a one-time registration authorization by making a printout of the registration form and mailing it to your office.
4. Below is a list of popular state websites where you can pay your electricity bills online.
To pay the electric bill in Karnataka
Payment of electricity bills in Andhra Pradesh
To pay the electric bill to Rajasthan –
Payment of electricity bills in Andhra Pradesh
To pay the electric bill in Rajasthan
To pay the electric bill in the Punjab
I will regularly update this post. If you want to know your regional bill payment portal, please let me know in the comments below.
You can now also pay your electricity bill through paytm – the leading mobile phone recharge company in India. I use this method with Cashkaro, which gives me a refund with the convenience of paying my electricity bill online. However, apparently, they do not have all of the listed billers.