How To Organize Photos On The iPhone.
You’re probably looking at the Photos app on your iPhone with some fear. There are years and years of photographs on it, probably thousands. But this is a mess. If you want to find that photo from that trip where that friend did the really funny thing, well, you can’t.
The problem is that the Photos app doesn’t make things easy. Its search and auto-organizing features are far from Google Photos But that doesn’t mean you’ll always be lost in the sea of ??an ever-growing photo library. You can take charge and do a couple of little things to organize your photos in your iPhone library. This way, your most important photos are easily accessible.
How to organize photos on iPhone using albums
Organizing photos on iPhone starts with albums. Although there are too many albums, you should create albums for your big trips or photos that you want to remember for a long time. Once you’ve created an album, adding photos to it is pretty easy.
- To create an album, open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
- Then click the Plus button in the upper left corner and select the New Album option.
- Give the album a name here and click the Save button.
- You will now be prompted to add photos to the album. You can view all the photos here, or go to the Albums tab to see the different types of media. If you have a large photo library, you don’t need to do this right now.
- With your photos selected, click Finish to save the album.
You can add photos to the album at any time.
- First, find the photos you want to add to the album. It could be in the Recent album or in a category.
- Then click the Select icon and select multiple photos.
- Now click the Share button in the lower left corner and select the Add to Album option.
- Now select an album.
The photos will be added to the album. You can easily remove photos from the album.
- Open an album and select photos.
- Then click the Remove button.
- Select the Remove from Album option.
How to organize photos on iPhone using faces
You can also organize your photos using people and faces. The iPhone is pretty good at recognizing and merging photos of the same person. Once you identify the person, the iPhone will create a special section for them.
- Open the Photos app and go to the Albums section.
- Here, swipe down to the People & Faces section and select the People option.
- You will now see a list of all faces recognized by the Photos application. Select a face to see all photos.
- At the top, click the Add Name button and then give the person a name. You can also choose a contact here. After selecting a contact, click the Next button.
- Click Finish to save.
- You will now see all the contact photos in this location. The app creates an automatic movie at the top and shows the best photos at the bottom. But you can also click the Show More button to see all the photos.
How to Organize Photos on iPhone Using Places
If you don’t want to create albums for every trip, you can get around this with iPhone location tags. With this setting enabled, your iPhone records the GPS location for every photo or video. Using the Places feature, you can explore the world map and see where your photos were taken.
This way, you can quickly view all the photos taken in a specific city or even area.
- Open the iPhone Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
- Then tap the Places option under People & Places.
- Now in Map View, pinch your fingers and zoom in to navigate different areas of the world.
- As you zoom in, you will see more information about the photos.
- First, you will see photos grouped by city or state. Keep zooming in and you’ll find photos from different streets, neighborhoods and landmarks.
- Just click on the photo preview to view your collection of photos.
How to use photos on iPhone using favorites
There is another tool in your arsenal when it comes to highlighting the best photos. This is pretty simple. When you view a photo you like, just press the little heart button. This will add the photo to the Favorites album.
To access the Favorites album, go to the Albums section and select the Favorites option.
You can now use the Favorites function as a quick filtering system. After you’ve taken dozens or hundreds of beach photos, go through them and just add the ones you like. Now hit the Select button and select all the other photos (Favorites adds a little heart-shaped icon to make them easier to find). Then click the “Delete” button to delete all other photos.
This way, only the best photos remain in your camera roll, and you save space on your iPhone and in your iCloud account
How do you organize photos on your iPhone? Share with us in the comments below.