How to Manage Devices Using Your Netflix Account.Managing the devices on your Netflix account is very important – you need to control who has access to your account. Knowing how to manage and track device usage on Netflix can help keep your account secure.This is also required if you have previously shared your Netflix account with others outside of your household, as Netflix has started charging extra for sharing your account. To manage devices with your Netflix account, follow these steps:
How to View and Remove Active Devices on Netflix
Every time a device logs in to Netflix, the device type, location, and login time are logged by Netflix. You can individually delete a signed-in device using your account settings.The easiest way to manage this is through the Netflix website. To view and remove active devices on Netflix, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and visit the Netflix website.
- Sign in with your Netflix account credentials and be sure to select a profile when prompted.
- Hover over the profile icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu to access your Netflix account settings.
- In your Netflix account settings, go to Security & Privacy and select Access and device management.
- You will see a list of devices that have been signed in to your Netflix account in the last 90 days. To remove a specific device, click the Logout button next to the device you want to remove. This will log the device out of your Netflix account.
After you sign out of the device, that device will no longer be able to access Netflix, but this may take a few minutes. You can do this to sign out of Netflix on any device, including Netflix on your TV.
How to Sign Out of All Devices on Netflix on a PC or Mac
You can also sign out of Netflix on any registered device without changing your password. This is possible through the Netflix settings menu.To sign out of all devices on Netflix from a PC or Mac web browser, follow these steps.
- Open your preferred web browser and visit the Netflix website.
- Hover over the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu.
- In the Security and Privacy section, select Logout. all devices.
- You will be prompted to confirm your action – press Exit to continue.
After you confirm your choice, you will be successfully logged out of all devices connected to your Netflix account. However, it may take a few minutes before the change propagates to all your devices.It is recommended that you do this as soon as possible after a security breach. Once you’ve all logged out, you might want to consider changing your Netflix password.
How to Sign Out of All Devices on Netflix Using the Mobile App
You can also manage your Netflix devices with the Netflix app. This is available for Android, iPhone and iPad users. We have shown below how to do it with an Android device, but the steps are the same for iPhone and iPad users.To sign out of all Netflix devices using the Netflix app, follow these steps:
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device and make sure you’re signed in.
- Click on your profile. icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Account from the list of options.
- This will open your account settings on the built-in web browser page – scroll down to the Security and Privacy section.
- Select Log out from all devices to start the process.
- You will be asked to confirm – press Exit to continue.
Once completed, you will be logged out of all devices that have used your Netflix account. It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect on all devices.
How to Manage Download Devices on Netflix
If you are a Netflix subscriber, you can download TV series and movies to your mobile device for offline viewing. Depending on your Netflix plan, you will only have a limited number of devices that you can do this on at the same time.You may need to manage these devices to make room for new downloads or prevent unauthorized access. If you need to manage your Netflix download devices, you can do so on the Netflix website.To manage download devices in Netflix, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the Netflix website.
- Log in to your account using your email address and password.
- After logging in, hover over the profile icon in the top right corner of the page and select Account from the menu.
- On the Account page, scroll down to Settings and select Manage Boot Devices.
- A list of devices with active downloads from your Netflix account will appear. If you want to remove a device, click the Delete Device button next to the device name. This will remove all downloaded content from this device and free up space for new downloads on the other device.
You can repeat this at any time to quickly stop access to downloaded content on any Netflix device you are logged into. If you need to download Netflix content on more devices, then you need to consider upgrading your Netflix plan.You will also lose access to your downloads if you decide to cancel your Netflix subscription as soon as it ends.
Managing Your Netflix Devices
Using the steps above, you can take control of your Netflix account and manage any device that has access to it. If you’re a new subscriber, try some Netflix secret codes to find cool new TV shows or movies to watch.Decided to leave Netflix behind? You can delete your Netflix account so that your browsing history is permanently erased. There are plenty of Netflix alternatives you can try next, including Paramount+ and Max.
How to Manage Devices Using Your Netflix Account
How to Manage Devices Using Your Netflix Account