How to Make a Business Card in Google Drive.
Google Drive can be your free business card maker when you want it to. It won’t overwhelm you like other design tools like Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, and the results can be just as good. Plus, Google Drive gives you three ways to create your own business cards if you don’t want to create one from scratch.
We’ll look at three ways to make a business card in Google Docs:
- Create a business card from scratch.
- Use a business card template in Google Drive
- Import the Microsoft Word business card template.
So let’s get down to the simple business of making an attractive business card that you can print or even share as an image.
Create a business card from a new document
Make your own business card
To keep things simple, let’s take a look at how to create a business card in Google Drawing We will design both the front and back sides of the card. The latest maps will look like this:
You can also use the same drawing tools on slides.
- Sign in to Google Drive Choose New> More> Google Pictures.
- Use a standard business card size (8.9 x 5.1 cm or 1.75 factor) for page setup. Standard business card size may vary by country. Choose File> Page Setup> Custom and enter values ??in inches, pixels, or points.
- By default, the Pictures canvas is transparent. Select the desired background color for your card by right-clicking anywhere on the canvas. You can choose solid color or gradient from the context menu. You can also use an image file as a background.Since you will most likely be printing a postcard, it is usually best to choose a solid color. In our example card, we are using a solid blue color.
- Google Pictures allows you to view guides and rulers. Both are vital for the precise placement of map elements on the canvas. Turn on the Snap to Grid and Snap to Guides options to insert and align objects with greater precision.Choose View> Snap To> Grids / Guides.
- Your canvas is now ready. All you have to do is creatively use shapes, a text box (for fonts) and images (add your logo) to personalize your business card. Drag the icons onto the canvas and place them as shown in the example.
Council. To precisely move them to the desired position, press the Shift and arrow keys.
- In the example above, we used a simple icon and font with a combination of colors to make the map look more professional. Thanks to Google’s huge library of free fonts, you can use any font that matches your brand image.
- There are many Google Drawings you can use to add graphics to your card. Lines, Shapes and even Word Art.
- Each element can be formatted with additional parameters. To see them, just right-click an item and select Format Options from the context menu.
- As you can see, the example used the Montserrat font for the backside design, the CC0 icons from free icon sites that represent the main logo and tiny logos for phone and email, and a simple black vertical line that acts as a separator.
- A website footer is simply a shape made up of a rectangle and a triangle grouped together. As you can see, the adjacent orange footer has the same shape but is reversed and reduced in size.
Print your business card
Having done both sides, you can send the business card for printing. You can upload your designs as a PDF, standard JPEG, or scalable vector image from the File> Upload menu.
Of course, you can always send it directly to your printer from Google Drawings. Remember, business cards can be double-sided, as in the example. Therefore, you need to select the duplex option on your printer. Check if your printer supports duplex printing. Also, test your design on plain paper before moving on to cardboard.
Make a business card from Google Doc template
Business card templates are the fastest way to get rid of your fear of design. There are several business card templates available for Google Docs. Use Google search to find and open them in Google Drive
You may need to ask the owner for editing rights. Please login to your Google account first. Here are some examples that you can check:
- Basic business card
- Corporate business card
Use a Microsoft Word business card template
As you know, you can open and edit Word files in Google Docs. Word has an online business card template gallery and many more sources for third-party business card templates. To use it, simply upload the DOCX file to your Google Drive and edit it with Google Docs.
Some graphic elements may not import well. But you can always use the base design as inspiration and add your own to Google Docs. When you choose to edit a template in Google Docs, the card automatically opens in drawings.
Business cards are still important
Business cards and email signatures may have taken over the old business card role, but business cards still matter. A creative business card can make a first impression that no other digital image can match. This is an individual approach. Think about it you can just add a QR code to the card and it will intrigue your next contact, just enough to check it out.
Think of a few more creative business card uses and print your own. Try this at your next meeting and see if it helps lubricate the wheels of your net.