There are many reasons why you might want to sign out of Facebook Messenger.. on your iOS and Android devices. Maybe you want to use a different account in the messenger, you don’t want others to find your messages in the messaging app, etc.
The problem is that there is virtually no way to log out in the messaging app. This is not like many other apps where you have a clear button or the option to sign out of your account. However, there are several ways to sign out of Facebook Messenger.. on your devices.
Sign out of Facebook Messenger.. on iPhone
You can sign out of Facebook Messenger.. on iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad using the Messenger app itself. However, the procedure is not as straightforward as in many other applications.
- Launch Facebook Messenger.. on your iPhone.
- Click on your profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down the next screen and click on the option labeled Account Settings.
- On the next screen, under the Security section, you will find the Security and Login option. Click on it to open it.
- You will be taken to a page where you can see which devices you have logged into your Facebook account from. In the “Where are you signed in” section, click the “Learn More” button to see all the devices you are signed in to.
- On the next screen, find your iPhone listed with Messenger as the login type. You should see this right below the device name.
- Click the three dots next to the iPhone Messenger option and select Exit.
- It will take you out of Facebook Messenger.. on your iPhone. When you return to the messenger, it will ask you to log in instead of going to the message list.
Sign out of Facebook Messenger.. on Android
Unlike iOS, Android allows you to play with the data stored in the apps you install. Since most applications store your login information in these data files, clearing these files can result in exiting your chosen applications.
With this flexibility, you can easily log out of Facebook Messenger.. by deleting app data. It will not affect messages sent or received in the app, or delete them. They are stored on Facebook servers, not locally on your device.
- If Facebook Messenger.. is running on your Android phone, close it completely. It cannot be opened by doing the following.
- Launch the Settings app on your device.
- Tap the Apps & Notifications option to view a list of installed apps.
- Click the View All Apps option at the bottom if you cannot find Messenger listed on the screen.
- Find an app named Messenger on the next screen and tap on it to open its settings.
- Select the Storage option to manage the data stored in the application.
- On the next screen, you will see two buttons. Press the “Clear Storage” and “Clear Cache” buttons alternately to clear application data.
- Open the Facebook Messenger.. app and you will find that you are logged out.
This method works on both iOS and Android devices. Before proceeding with the procedure, you must have the Facebook application running on your phone.
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the next screen and click on Settings & Privacy to expand the menu.
- From the expanded menu, select the Settings option to open the Facebook settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Security section. Find the Security & Sign-in option in this section and click on it.
- You will see the last devices you have logged into your Facebook account on. Click on the “View All” option next to the “Where are you logged in” field to see all the devices that are signed in.
- Find your iPhone or Android device in the list that you want to sign out of. Then click on the three dots next to your device and select “Exit”.
- It will instantly log out on the selected device without any prompts.
The good thing about Facebook is that although you use it across multiple devices, your data and settings are stored on a universal server. If you make one change to your account, it will be reflected across all your devices.
Using this feature, you can log out of Facebook Messenger.. on your iOS and Android devices simply by going to the Facebook site on your computer. This way, you don’t need to reach for your phone and you can remotely log out yourself.
- Visit Facebook from your computer.
- Click the down arrow icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select the Settings option.
- Select the Security & Login option in the left sidebar.
- On the right sidebar, you will see a section labeled “Where are you signed in”. Q. It shows all devices that are using your Facebook account. Click on the See More option to view a complete list of devices.
- Find the iPhone or Android device on which you want to log out of Facebook Messenger..
- Click on the three dots next to the device and select Sign Out.
- It will log you out immediately on the selected device.
If you don’t find the Facebook Messenger.. login and logout for a convenient task, you can use the self-destruct function of company messages to send your messages. Thus, your messages will be deleted in a few minutes or seconds after being read.