Since Facebook decided to spend $ 1 billion to acquire Instagram, the proposed integration has made the two social platforms seemingly inseparable. The integration that these two services offer is not yet found on other social networks.
Other social networking sites such as Twitter allow you to post Instagram posts in web link format. However, Facebook is the only one that allows you to post images directly from Instagram to your news feed.
Optimized content is just one of several reasons to link Instagram to Facebook. Let’s dive into them.
How to link Instagram to Facebook and why should
The ability to link Instagram to Facebook gives you the ability to post pictures and videos you shoot or edit easily for your viewers and fans. In addition to this, the likes you type on Instagram will be translated into your Facebook posts.
Facebook’s user base is much larger than Instagram’s. Using both will have the added benefit of reaching more people with the potential to dramatically increase your subscriber base. Plus, Instagram’s algorithmic feed prioritizes more engaging posts, which means additional likes received on Facebook can boost your content’s ranking.
Not only can you increase your reach, but even if you don’t care, keeping in touch with friends, family, or fans becomes easier when you cross-post between platforms. Plus, account recovery will be less painful if you lose your account or fail to access one of them. Connectivity can save you a little frustration.
Facebook will even save all Instagram uploads and put them in its own album called Instagram photos. Not to mention, all the details of Instagram posts like location, hashtags, and emojis are easily communicated to Facebook.
Instagram currently has over 200 million active users, 75 million of whom are active every day. With 43% of all brands posting daily, Instagram is indeed the platform on which branding is written.
Instagram provides brands with an additional social media platform to gain attention, grow fans, and drive revenue. Keeping social media to a minimum by only using Facebook or Twitter can seriously diminish your chances in an overly saturated market where other brands are already using multiple digital platforms.
You definitely don’t want to frustrate your audience by asking them to switch social media platform. So the only real solution is to use both. Even if the fans don’t follow you, you will still have two active sources of content that will allow you to build a second fan base.
Just tell your Facebook fans about your Instagram profile and give them the choice to follow it or not. Showcase all Instagram content to your Facebook audience in posts, and every photo relevant to it should be tagged as such.
Connect Instagram to Facebook Account
A mobile device is required to link two social media accounts. The process for linking Instagram to Facebook is almost identical for both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Start linking your accounts by opening the Instagram app on your mobile device and going to your profile screen.
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the menu, tap Settings.
- In the long list, click Account.
- Linked accounts are tracked.
- Here you will find a list of the various social platforms that you can link to your Instagram account. Facebook will be at the top of the list.
- You will find it helpful to link any accounts you see that can integrate with Instagram, including Tumblr, Twitter and others. Of course, if you have an account for these social networks.
- Click Facebook and you will need to log in using your Facebook credentials. You can do this in your browser or in the Facebook app.
- After logging in, your accounts will be linked. You will notice that your name in the Facebook section is now displayed on the right.
- This means that when you post to Instagram or Facebook, you can also share it seamlessly with other social media platforms.
- You can enable this at any time during posting via the appropriate button on the headings screen.
Share old photos
- To share old Instagram photos to Facebook (or any other social media app installed on your mobile device), select an image and open the menu in the upper right corner.
- Then, from the pop-up menu, click Share toâ€¦.
- Select the app you want to share and submit it.
- For applications other than Facebook, the image will most likely be displayed as a link. Keep this in mind when choosing it.
- Usually you are given the option to add a post along with an image or link.
There is also a way to set up automatic sending of all new messages.
- Back in Settings> Accounts> Linked Accounts, tap Facebook.
- In this window, you can enable several options, including Share your story to Facebook and Share your messages to Facebook.
- These switches will cause all stories and posts to be automatically posted to your Facebook feed.
- If you also have pages attached to your Facebook profile, you can switch so that all posts from Instagram are automatically sent to that page as well.
- Click Share and select your pages in the Select Page section.
- The Unlink Accounts option is also present in Settings> Accounts “>” Linked Accounts “> Facebook.
- To unlink, simply click the button and confirm that you want to unlink the accounts.
- This will not delete messages already made between platforms, but will stop all future messaging until you re-integrate as described above.
Do you link Instagram to Facebook? If so, what are the pros and cons did you find in this? Let us know in the comments below.