WhatsApp remains the most popular messaging app in the world with over two billion users.
Many messaging apps, including Facebook Messenger, Telegram, and Snapchat, offer features like group chats, voice and video calls, emoticons, and stickers. However, these apps are not as user-friendly as WhatsApp users.
To use WhatsApp, you usually need a SIM number to connect on your device for the app to work. Unlike a smartphone, installing WhatsApp on a tablet is more difficult because it doesn’t have a phone number.
Fortunately, there are at least three known ways to get around the lack of a SIM card and install WhatsApp on your tablet just like you would on your smartphone.
3 ways to install WhatsApp on a tablet
There are at least three ways to install WhatsApp on your tablet and use it without a SIM card These include:
Using WhatsApp Online to Install WhatsApp on tablet
WhatsApp Web is a free web client that allows you to display WhatsApp capabilities on your phone from any web browser and access your messages from a tablet or other device.
– / ]
With a few simple steps, you can install WhatsApp on your tablet and your messages will appear there instantly no matter what device you are using and no matter your current location. WhatsApp Web acts like an extension to your smartphone, meaning you can send photos, videos, audio files and documents.
You can also reply to all your messages on WhatsApp Web In addition, you can see everything that happens without taking your smartphone out of your bag or pocket.
However, initially, WhatsApp Web relies on your smartphone’s connection. After authenticating the connection with a unique QR code, all your messages will instantly appear just like on your smartphone. When you log out of WhatsApp on your smartphone, it simultaneously disconnects from WhatsApp Web
- To use WhatsApp Web on your tablet, open the Google Chrome browser and then tap the three dots at the top right of the screen to open the menu.
- Select the Desktop Site checkbox to convert the current screen to the desktop version.
- Enter web.whatsapp.com to open WhatsApp Web You can also type WhatsApp in the address bar, click the search button, and then click WhatsApp Web
- Launch WhatsApp on your smartphone and select “Settings> WhatsApp Web“.
- Position the smartphone camera to match the QR code displayed in WhatsApp Web on the tablet. Your smartphone will scan the QR code and you will see the WhatsApp interface instantly appear on the tablet with all your chats.
Note. The main disadvantage of using WhatsApp Web to mirror smartphone and tablet screens is that the WhatsApp application on the tablet relies on the smartphone connection to get the latest chat updates.
Use the WhatsApp APK to install WhatsApp on your tablet
APK stands for Android Package Kit and is used to distribute Google Android apps. Apps are saved in a compressed folder and can be downloaded directly to an Android smartphone or tablet for installation.
In order to use the WhatsApp APK to install WhatsApp on a tablet, you need to find a reliable and reliable site with a good reputation. Many of the options available do not offer genuine links, and they can infect your device with a virus or malware, among other things.
We’ve covered some of the best safe APK sites for Android apps In this guide, we will be using APKMirror, one of the most popular APK download sites. APKMirror contains the APKs of almost all applications and regularly adds new releases to its list that can be downloaded safely.
- Go to APKMirror and download the latest WhatsApp APK file. on your tablet. For this tutorial, we have used WhatsApp version 220.127.116.11.
- Before installing the WhatsApp APK file on your tablet, click Settings.
- Then toggle the radio button next to Chrome (or whatever browser you use) to mark it as enabled.
- When asked if you want to install this application? This does not require any special access, click “Install” in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then open the WhatsApp application and you will see the normal installation process. Enter your country details and the phone number you use on your smartphone.
- Select Call me when prompted to verify this number, and then enter the six-digit verification number that will be provided over the phone.
WhatsApp will verify the number you provided. After confirming the number, you can set up your profile on your tablet and start using WhatsApp without a SIM card
Use a third party app to install WhatsApp on your tablet
If you are unable to install WhatsApp on your tablet using the WhatsApp APK, you can try using a third-party app. One of the popular third-party apps for installing WhatsApp without a SIM card is TextNow, a free texting and calling app.
You can download TextNow from the Google Play Store and then open the app to install it on your tablet. After completing the setup, open WhatsApp, select your country and enter the virtual phone number that the TextNow app generates for you.
If the SMS verification process fails, click “Call Me”, “Return to TextNow” and answer the call. Remember the verification code that will be given to you over the phone and enter it in WhatsApp to complete the installation.
Keep the conversation going
If all you need is to access WhatsApp on your smartphone or tablet, WhatsApp Web is the best option. However, if you want to download WhatsApp unpublished by installing it on your tablet without a SIM card, the WhatsApp APK variant or a third party app will do.
On the other hand, if you want to send text messages from your PC, check out our complete guide on how to use Android Desktop Messages to send and receive messages on your PC.
Have you tried installing WhatsApp on your tablet? Share with us in the comments how you did it and whether you used your SIM card or not.