How to Forward Outlook Emails to google mail.
If you have Outlook and Gmail accounts, you can set up your inbox to automatically redirect your messages to your preferred email account. This is especially useful if you want to read and reply to emails and you don’t have Outlook on your device.
Alternatively, you can forward your emails if you want to read and respond from a different email address, or if you want someone else to get a response on your behalf and respond while you are away.
Whatever your reasons, we’ll show you how to forward emails from Outlook to Gmail so you can send and receive mail wherever you want.
How to Forward Outlook Email to Gmail
If you’ve just created a new email account or don’t want to miss out on an important email along the way, here are the steps to take to forward Outlook to Gmail.
Note. The instructions in this guide are for Outlook.com and Outlook Desktop.
How to automatically forward Outlook to Gmail
You can set Outlook on the web to automatically forward emails to your Gmail address.
- To do this, go to the Outlook.com toolbar and select Preferences.
- Then select View All Outlook Settings.
- Select Mail> Forwarding in the Preferences dialog box.
- Select the Enable Forwarding check box.
Note. If you don’t want Outlook to forward more messages, clear this check box.
- Then enter the Gmail address to which email forwarded from Outlook will be sent. … You can check the box next to “Keep copies of forwarded messages” to keep copies in your Outlook account, otherwise the forwarded mail will be removed from Outlook.
Save to end the process.
How to use message rules to forward Outlook to Gmail
Message rules ensure that Outlook only forwards messages that match certain criteria to your Gmail address. In this tutorial, we’ll be using Outlook on the web.
- To do this, go to Settings> View All Outlook Settings> Mail> Rules, and then select Add New Rule.
- Give the rule a descriptive name you can remember, and then choose how to forward emails. You can do this by going to the Add Condition dropdown menu and choosing:
- Select With Attachment
- please Select From
- Select importance
If you choose Select with Attachment, Outlook will only forward messages with email attachments. Select From and Select Importance to forward emails from specific senders or from those marked as critical, respectively.
Note. The message cannot be forwarded until all conditions are met.
- Then select Add Action and then select Forward To (Email) or Forward As Attachment (complete emails are forwarded as unmodified attachments).
- Enter your Gmail address to which all forwarded messages that match the specified criteria or message rules should be sent to. You can enter more than one address here if you want the email to be forwarded to multiple recipients.
- Next, add exceptions to exclude all emails that meet certain criteria from being forwarded. You can do this by selecting:
- Add Exception
- Select one drop-down menu to select a condition such as Sensitivity.
- Select an option from the dropdown list and select an option such as Private.
- Then select “Save” to end the process.
How to forward Outlook emails to Gmail on your desktop
We’ve covered how to forward Outlook email to Gmail using Outlook on the web, but you can do the same using the desktop version of Outlook.
To get started, create a rule by following these steps:
- Open the Outlook desktop on your PC and find the rules in the Home section.
- Then select Rules> Manage Rules and Alerts> Create New Rule.
Select Advanced Options.
- Then set the criteria for the messages forwarded, or leave blank if you want every email to be forwarded to your Gmail account, then click Next.
- Submit the prompt if a dialog box warns you that changes will be applied to all messages.
- Select Forward to People or Public Group, and then click the text for the link to People or Public Group.
- Enter your Gmail address in the “To” field below, and then select the criteria for the emails you want to exclude from the rule. Optionally, you can also filter emails from specific senders or emails containing specific words or phrases.
- Give the rule a descriptive name that you can remember in the future, and check the box next to Enable this rule.
- Click Finish. From now on, all forwarded emails will come to the email address you provided and meet the criteria you set.
Note. If you want to stop forwarding Outlook emails to Gmail using the desktop version, go back to the home page and choose Rules> Manage Rules & Alerts. Uncheck the box next to the rule you want to disable.
Send Your Mail Wherever You Want
Whether you’re planning to change your email client or just want to move a few important emails, it’s easy to forward emails from your Outlook account to Gmail by following the instructions in this guide.
If you have two Gmail accounts, our guide on how to transfer emails between two Gmail accounts offers quick ways to do it within minutes. See also how to forward multiple emails in Gmail and how to automatically save email attachments to the cloud and free up valuable space on your device.
How to Forward Outlook Emails to google mail
How to Forward Outlook Emails to google mail