How to Fix Roblox Error Code 524.Were you enjoying your Roblox session when you were suddenly logged out of the game due to error code 524? This is one of the most common error codes that seems to be affecting Roblox players lately, but luckily it is easy to fix.In this troubleshooting guide, we’ll explain what causes error code 524 in Roblox and how to fix it.
What causes Roblox error code 524?
Roblox error code 524 usually appears when you try to join a game. After attempting to join the game, you will receive a message: “Not authorized to join this game. (Error code: 524).” However, this can also happen during a session, booting you out of whatever game you’re currently enjoying.There are several reasons why you might receive this error code, including:
- You are trying to join a private server that you do not have permission to access.
- Your account is too new – many servers only allow accounts created at least 30 days ago to join them.
- Problems with the Roblox server.
- Your privacy settings do not allow you to join a private server.
- Random crashes in the app or web browser prevent Roblox from working properly.
- Problems with Internet connection.
Below we will explain how to solve each of these problems. We’ll start with the easiest fixes and move on to more complex ones – so start at the beginning and work your way down.
How to fix Roblox error code 524
Here are seven ways to fix Roblox error code 524:
1. Check your account age
If your account is less than 30 days old, you may not be able to join certain Roblox game servers. In this case, you will simply have to wait until your account expires and then try to join again.If you’re not sure how old your account is, check the date of the confirmation email you received from Roblox when you created your account.
2. Ask for permission to join a private server
If you are trying to join a friend’s new server, ask them to change their VIP server settings. All they have to do is go to their game page and select Servers.Then select Customize. Here they should check the Friends Allowed checkbox, then enter their Roblox account name and select Add .
3. Check Roblox servers
You may receive Roblox join error 524 if the Roblox servers are down due to server maintenance or other issues. To check this, you can look at mentions on social networks such as Twitter or Facebook. If there’s nothing there, check the Roblox server status on a site like Down Detector.
4. Troubleshooting network connection problems
A poor internet connection can cause problems connecting to Roblox servers. You can check if your internet is working properly by loading a web page. If everything loads normally, then the Internet is working. Also, use a speed test site to make sure your download and upload speeds are up to par.If there is a problem, you need to troubleshoot your network. Try rebooting your router and disabling the virtual private network (VPN) if you are using one. If this doesn’t help, check out our detailed guide on how to fix your internet connection again.
5. Change privacy settings
Error code 524 may be due to your invitation privacy settings. To change them:
- Open Roblox and log in to your account Roblox account.
- Select the Settings icon (gear icon) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Privacy.
- Scroll down to Other settings. In the “Who can make me a member of their private server” section, select Everyone.
- Try to connect to the server again.
6. Clear cookies and browser cache
If you play Roblox through a web browser, your cookies or cache may become corrupted, causing problems with the game. To fix this, you need to clear your cookies and cache.
- Select Settings in the top right corner.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Make sure cookies and other site data, history views span>, and Cached images and files are checked. Select Clear data.
Note:Some Roblox players have reported that web browser ad blockers sometimes cause Roblox to crash. To check, disable your ad blockers and then try joining the Roblox game again. If it works, then you know the ad blocker is to blame.
7. Reinstall Roblox
If all else fails, it’s time to try reinstalling the Roblox app. How you do this will depend on the device you use to play Roblox.To uninstall Roblox on Windows PC:
- Open the Start menu, type “Control Panel” and select it.
- Select Uninstallprogram.
- Find Roblox in the list, then select Uninstall .
In newer versions of Windows, you can press the Windows key + I to open Settings. From here, select Apps, then select Roblox and select Delete.To uninstall Roblox on your Android or iOS device, press and hold the Roblox app icon. On Android, select Delete. On iPhone, tap Delete app, then tap Delete app.Once you delete the app, you can download it again from the Roblox website. If you’re using a mobile device, download it from the Google Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS devices).
Join your friends and have more fun
You can join games and get back to playing Roblox with your friends. If you are still having problems playing Roblox, please contact Roblox support via the Roblox website.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 524
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 524