How To Fix Ã¢â‚¬ËœMove To iOS Not WorkingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.
To make it easier for people to switch from Android to iOS, Apple has developed an app called Move to iOS It allows you to quickly and easily transfer data from your Android device to your iOS device. The app works great most of the time, but it has its own problems. Sometimes you find that “Move to iOS” is not working on your phone.
There are many things that could be possible culprits here. Perhaps your Android switched to a different Wi-Fi network during the transfer process? Or maybe you’re trying to load more items onto your iPhone than it can hold?
Restart both devices
One of the main things you can try to solve is restarting your devices. Restarting fixes most of the minor issues with your phones and is the fastest way you can try.
On Android and iOS devices, you can use the power button to turn them off. When they turn off completely, press and hold the same power button and they turn on.
Ensure that your iOS device’s storage is not exceeded
When performing the migration process using the Move to iOS app, you must ensure that your iPhone supports what you are migrating from your Android device.
Basically, this means that you need to check if your iPhone has enough storage space to store the files coming from your Android device.
Disable Smart WiFi Switcher on your Android device
Most Android phones come with a feature known as Wi-Fi Optimizer, which optimizes your network connection. Basically, this feature connects you to a working Wi-Fi connection when the one you are connected to is inactive.
The Wi-Fi hotspot that your iPhone creates for the data transfer process is actually an inactive connection as it does not connect you to the Internet. Thus, your Android disconnects you from the network, which disrupts the entire ongoing transfer process.
Disabling this setting should fix the issue that doesn’t work for you.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Click on the option labeled Wi-Wi-Fi & Internet to open Wi-Fi settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi on the next screen to view the Wi-Fi settings.
- On the next screen, you will see an option called “Wi-Fi Settings”. Click on it to open it.
- There will be an option called Smart Wi-Fi Switcher. This is what disconnects you from your iPhone’s hotspot, so disable this feature.
Turn off battery optimization for app
One of the requirements for using Move to iOS is that the application must always be in the foreground on your device, and you must not use any other applications while it is running. Users who are aware of this do not minimize the app, but your phone can do so if the battery settings are configured in a certain way.
Your phone has a so-called battery optimizer that tries to reduce the drain on your device’s battery. As a result, in some cases, it closes some applications running on your phone.
Make sure Move to iOS is not one of the apps you can close. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and click on the option that says Battery.
- Click on the battery optimization option.
- Find the Move to iOS app in the list and click on it.
- Select Don’t Optimize from the options available on the screen and click Finish.
Ensure your Android phone is connected to the iOS device’s WiFi hotspot
How Move to iOS works is that it creates a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network that your Android phone can connect to, and then you can use it as a data carrier. Make sure your Android device is connected to the wireless network created by your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Click on this option. it says Wi-Fi and Internet.
- Make sure you are connected to the network of your iOS device. The network name in most cases starts with iOS.
Turn on Airplane mode on your Android device
Apple recommends turning off mobile data when using the Move to iOS app. This is to ensure that your phone does not automatically switch to mobile data over the Internet, and to prevent any incoming calls that could interfere with the data transfer process.
The best way to stay disconnected from everything other than Wi-Fi is by using Airplane Mode on your device. This will disconnect you from all other connectivity, but will allow you to remain connected to your iPhone’s Wi-Fi network.
- Pull down the notification bar and you’ll find an airplane mode option. Click on it and the mode will be activated.
- You may need to reconnect to your iOS device’s Wi-Fi network.
Update OS on your Android phone
Finally, if all else fails, you can try updating the operating system version on your Android and see if that helps fix the problem. If you are using a really old version of the operating system, this might be the reason Move to iOS is not working on your device.
Updating your Android device is quite simple and can be done from the Settings app on your phone.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll to the bottom. down and click on the “System” option.
- Find the System Updates option on the next screen and click on it.
- If an update is available, you can download and install it on your phone.
If your iOS porting issue doesn’t work, please let us know how you fixed it in the comments below.