How to know connected wifi password in mobile.We connect to many different networks and the password is usually only entered once. So what would you do if you forgot your WiFi password? Having a strong password will prevent this problem, but you can also find the Wi-Fi password on your Android phone. It’s easier than you think.
For iPhone users, we have an article on how to find out Wi-Fi password on iPhone.
Find WiFi Password on Pixel Phone
- Go to Settings> Network & Internet> Wi-Fi.
- Click the name of the Wi-Fi network for which you want to recover the password to go to the Network Details screen.
- Click the Share button. You will be prompted to authenticate with your fingerprint or PIN.
- The phone displays a QR code. On the right below it is the Wi-Fi password for this network.
Find WiFi password on other Android phones
If you have a non-Pixel phone with Android 10, this is a bit tricky, but still very simple.
- Open Settings.
- Click Connections.
- next Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click the QR code in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code.
- Use a QR code scanner such as QRScanner TrendMicro to upload a screenshot. To do this, tap the QR code icon in the lower left corner.
- You will now see the password. In TrendMicro QRScanner, it appears in two locations outlined in red boxes below.
Find the WiFi password on phones with Android 9 and earlier
If your Android phone is running Android 9 (Pie) or an earlier version of Android, finding the Wi-Fi password will be more difficult. First you need to root your phone This means providing the highest possible level of access.
- Turn on developer mode on your phone. Go to Settings> System> About Phone and scroll down to Build Number.
- Click on the build number 7 times. You will see a message. You are now a developer!
- Go back one screen and go to developer options. Go to this.
- Scroll down to the USB Debugging section and enable it.
- Install the generic ADB drivers on your computer. This will help your computer communicate with Android over a USB connection. Make sure your USB cable is for data transfer, not just charging.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer and open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot application. It opens as a command line.
- Enter the command adb pull /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and press Enter.
- The command will copy the wpa_supplicant.conf file to your computer in the same folder where Minimal ADB and Fastboot are installed. In explorer, go to this location.
- Open the file with Notepad and you will find the Wi-Fi password.
Android WiFi Password Reveal Applications
You might be tempted to download a password recovery app. After examining several Wi-Fi recovery apps available on the Google Play store, we couldn’t find any we could trust.
Some have decent ratings, but the reviews seem fake. You will also find that they require you to root your phone Even if they worked, should you trust them? Are you sure they are not sending your information where they should not? We recommend avoiding these applications.
Still can’t recover the WiFi password?
Recovering Wi-Fi password on your Android phone is just a convenience. You can find the Wi-Fi password using the command line in Windows if the computer can connect to Wi-Fi. If the above methods don’t work for you, reset the Wi-Fi password on your router.
this if is not your WiFi router, ask the person who operates it for the password. If you don’t have a router, or don’t want to talk to the person who owns it, you probably shouldn’t use Wi-Fi anyway.
How to know connected wifi password in mobile