If you want to enhance your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, a great trick is to add a video to it. After all, videos can easily entertain people and increase engagement.
In this post, you will learn how to embed YouTube videos in PowerPoint. That way, you can embed whatever you want into YouTube videos and always bring every presentation to life.
Use YouTube Search
Use the “YouTube Search” feature
The idea is to add an online video because it will enhance your presentation. If you don’t know which video to use, just search for it on YouTube.
Here you have millions of videos to watch. Fortunately, PowerPoint makes this process easier for you with its built-in functionality.
With this feature, you just need to establish a secure internet connection. Once you’ve taken care of that, you can start.
- First press the Windows key and find PowerPoint. When it appears, press Enter to launch the application.
- Load your presentation and select the slide where you want the video to be. Then go to the “Insert” menu.
- Then focus on the Media category. It’s at the right end of the toolbar. There find and click on “Video” and select “Online video
- A window will appear. There you can search for YouTube videos related to your presentation.
Download Online Video
Download a video online
Another option that allows you to embed videos in PowerPoint is to go online and search for a video. Then download it to your computer.
- When the video is on your computer, you: reset. Now open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Select the PowerPoint slide that will serve as the video destination and click the Insert tab.
- Select “Video” from the control bar.
- Then select “Videos on My Computer”
- A screen will appear. Here you can navigate to the location where the video was uploaded. Open this video to upload it to the selected slide.
Paste video URL or paste code
Paste in the video URL or embed code
If you don’t want to download the video but still want to use it for your PowerPoint presentation, you can. Just open your browser and start searching for a video.
Here’s what you need to do next.
- First, copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to add to the slide.
- Then open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide where you want to insert the video.
- Click the Insert tab again.
- Click Video and select Online Video
- Then paste the URL you copied earlier into the YouTube category. Since you have selected a YouTube video, you should also include the YouTube category here.
- Another way to embed a video in PowerPoint is to use the video embed code. Just make sure you copy this instead of the URL.
- To copy the YouTube video embed code, go to SHARE.
- On the pop-up screen, select Paste.
- Then highlight the code you see on the next screen. Then click COPY.
- Return to your PowerPoint presentation. Select the slide you want to place the video on again. Click on the Insert tab.
- Select video and online video
- Now select an embed option and paste the embed code there.