How to easily connect AirPods to Chromebook.
Apple AirPods are high quality wireless Bluetooth headphones designed for use with other Apple products like iPhone or Mac. However, they are not exclusive to iOS, meaning you can connect AirPods to your Android phone, Windows PC, or Chromebook and use them with other third-party devices.
The pairing process may not be as intuitive at first as with other Apple products, but it will be much easier if you get the hang of it.
Here’s how to connect AirPods to your Chromebook in just a few steps.
How to Connect AirPods to a Chromebook
While AirPods pair with almost any Bluetooth-enabled device, you won’t get all of the enabled features on third-party devices that you would on your Apple device. These features include Siri, which will not be able to respond to your requests, and the AirPods battery indicator will not appear on your device.
Optionally, you can download a third-party app to display your device’s battery life. For example, you can use an app such as Assistant Trigger and then double-tap the earbud to launch Google Assistant.
We’ll show you how to connect AirPods to Chromebooks regardless of AirPods make and model. We’ll also show you how to disconnect AirPods from your Chromebook when you’re not using them.
Make sure all video or audio apps on whatever Apple device you own are closed before connecting AirPods to your Chromebook, as they can cause problems when you try to connect to your Chromebook.
- First, turn on Bluetooth settings on your Chromebook to make the pairing process easier. Open the menu on your Chromebook by clicking the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen next to the digital clock and battery icon.
- You will see various options in the menu, including notifications, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Select Bluetooth and turn on the connection if it is off.
- When Bluetooth is activated, the Chromebook will start searching for any wireless devices in the vicinity. Keep the AirPods Charging Case with AirPods inside because the Bluetooth connection will drain your battery quickly.
- AirPods should automatically appear in the list of nearby wireless Chromebooks. If you don’t see them, locate the Set up button on the back of the AirPods Charging Case, press it, and wait for the Chromebook to detect the AirPods.
- Go to the list of available Bluetooth devices on your Chromebook and select your AirPods there.
Note. Keep your AirPods Bluetooth connected by staying within 20 feet of the Chromebook, otherwise the connection will be interrupted.
- Then confirm any prompts you see on your Chromebook. Once your devices are connected, the LED on the AirPods Charging Case turns green, indicating that they are connected to your Chromebook. In addition, the status of your Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings will show as Connected.
You’ve successfully connected your AirPods to your Chromebook and you can customize sound right from your Chromebook.
How to Disconnect AirPods From a Chromebook
If you’re not using your AirPods or want to take a break from listening to podcasts or music, you can put the earbuds back in the case and close the lid. This not only disconnects them from your Chromebook, but also charges them.
You can also disconnect AirPods from your Chromebook in your laptop’s Bluetooth settings.
- To disconnect devices, go to Settings> Bluetooth on the Chromebook and disable or disconnect the Bluetooth connection by toggling the switch from blue to black.
- If you no longer want to pair your AirPods with your Chromebook, click the three-dot icon next to the AirPods name, and then select Remove from List.
Alternatively, you can press the small Pair button on the back of the AirPods Charging Case to complete the process.
What to Do When Your AirPods Keep Disconnecting From Your Chromebook
If your AirPods keep disconnecting from your Chromebook, try the following:
- Turn Bluetooth off on your Chromebook and then turn it back on.
- Try pairing your AirPods with your Chromebook again.
- Restart your Chromebook by holding the power button and then turning it back on.
- Reset your AirPods
To reset AirPods:
- Place the AirPods in the charging case, close the lid, and wait 30 seconds before opening the lid again.
- Then go to Bluetooth settings on your device and unpair your AirPods. Press and hold the setting button on the back of the AirPods Charging Case for about 15 seconds until the status LED flashes amber.
- Reconnect the AirPods by placing them next to the device, then follow the steps above. …
Easily Connect Your AirPods and Chromebook
It’s easy to connect AirPods to any Bluetooth-enabled device. We hope you now know how to connect AirPods to Chromebook using this guide.
To learn more about AirPods and how they work, check out 19 AirPods Tips and Tricks, How to Change AirPods Function, and the best AirPods alternatives you can buy. If you’re having trouble with your Chromebook, check out our guide to Powerwash your Chromebook.
How to easily connect AirPods to Chromebook
How to easily connect AirPods to Chromebook