How to Download YouTube Videos to Your iPhone Camera Roll.
Watching YouTube videos on the go can seem like a great idea until you understand how much data these videos are consuming. Instead of streaming your entire data limit, you can download YouTube videos to your iPhone before heading out.
Not only will you avoid buffering and poor video quality issues, but you will also be able to save your data for more important purposes. YouTube Premium subscribers can download videos in the YouTube app, but you may prefer to download YouTube videos to iPhone Camera Roll, bypassing the app entirely.
Is downloading YouTube videos legal?
Before you rush to download YouTube videos to your iPhone, you should probably be aware of the legality of it. Technically, downloading YouTube videos outside of the YouTube app is a violation of the terms of service
This means that, in theory, YouTube could take action against you if you choose to follow these steps. This is mainly to protect YouTube content, especially rights-protected videos, but also to entice users to subscribe to its YouTube Premium service, which allows users to download videos to their devices.
However, there are no reports that YouTube has ever taken any steps against individual users downloading videos (outside of YouTube Premium
You should also take into account local copyright infringement laws in your country or region to determine if you can do so without breaking the law. –
How to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone
You should also take into account local copyright infringement laws in your country or region to determine if you can do so without breaking the law.
Unfortunately, there is no app that allows you to quickly download YouTube videos to iPhone devices. There is absolutely no chance that something like this will be approved by Apple for uploading to the App Store, given the potential risk of abuse.
With this in mind, you will need to use a workaround. There are sites like SaveTheVideo that take a YouTube video link, parse it, and then let you convert and download the video from there.
- First, you need to get a direct link to the YouTube video. In the YouTube app, find the video you want to download, then tap Share Copy Link to copy the link to your clipboard.
- After you save the link, you will need to install the Documents by Readdle app on your iPhone. This file viewer application allows you to open web links in the built-in browser allowing you to interact with the SaveTheVideo website.
- After installing Documents by Readdle, open the app and tap the compass icon in the lower right corner. In the browser menu, go to savethevideo.com.
- On the SaveTheVideo website, press and hold the “Enter video link here” text box, then paste your YouTube video and press Enter. When ready, click “Download” (MP4) to start downloading the file. It can take some time.
- The Downloads by Readdle application will ask you to confirm how you want to save the file. At this point, you can rename the video by clicking the Name text box. When you’re ready, click “Done” to start downloading your video.
- Then you need to move the video to your Photos folder. In the Documents app, open the Downloads folder, click the three-dot menu icon next to the downloaded video file, then click Move.
- From the Move To menu, tap the Photos folder, then tap Move to move the video file. This will display the video on your iPhone’s Camera Roll in the Photos app.
At this point, the video should start downloading. Once the download is complete, you can launch the Photos app and play the video from there as if you made it yourself.
Alternative Ways to Download YouTube Videos
If you are looking for another way to download YouTube videos to iPhone, you probably need another device like PC or Mac. For example, you can rip YouTube videos using VLC, which will allow you to download them to your computer before downloading them to your iPhone or iPad.
Of course, the best way is to use YouTube Premium YouTube Premium is priced at $ 12 per month, with a one-month free trial available for new users and discounts for students and families. It offers playback options without ads and background playback, but it also lets you download videos on the go.
This is fully supported by YouTube, which means you have nothing to worry about. You can use it on any device you want, and it also gives you access to YouTube Music, Google’s new music streaming service.
The only limitation is how long you can save the video. The YouTube Premium subscription allows you to download music and video content, but you can only store them for 30 days without an Internet connection. This is to ensure that the ownership of the video is respected. This means that YouTube may turn off content if it claims copyright infringement or if the video is deleted or deleted by the video owner.
To download a YouTube video with an active premium YouTube subscription, simply click the Download button on the video in the YouTube app. These steps are applicable for both iPhone and Android devices.
You can choose between different video quality – select Full HD, High, Medium or Low, then press OK to save. Your downloaded YouTube videos will then be available in the Downloads section of your YouTube library.
Enjoy YouTube Content on iOS
If you download YouTube videos to your iPhone, you can watch and enjoy them in full quality. You will also save them for future use without worrying about Google tracking your personal data and streaming habits.
You can even download entire YouTube playlists in one go, allowing you to watch multiple videos at once, or reduce your YouTube data usage to keep streaming on the go if you like. Let us know how you prefer to enjoy your YouTube content in the comments below.