How To Download Photos From Instagram To iPhone.
Instagram is one of the largest online photo repositories where you can get photos of just about anything you can imagine. If you’re a regular Instagram user, you probably know that while you can view photos uploaded by you and a billion other users to the platform, you can’t save those photos to your device.
For many users, this is a serious drawback of the application, as they cannot download their favorite photos and save them for offline access on their devices.
If you use an iPhone, there are several ways to overcome this limitation and download Instagram photos to your iPhone. These methods do not of course use the official Instagram app to save photos, and they use various workarounds to help you transfer photos to your device.
Take a screenshot to download photos from Instagram to iPhone
One of the quickest ways to save anything off your iPhone screen is to take a screenshot. This screen capture feature allows you to capture and save any screen of your iPhone in the Photos app.
Using this screen capture feature on your iPhone, you can open the photos you want to upload on Instagram and take a screenshot. This way, your device will save your screen as a photo file in the Photos app.
Keep in mind that this method does not download full resolution photos because it only captures your iPhone’s screen and does not actually download the photo to your phone.
- Launch the Instagram app on your iPhone and open the photo you want to upload to your iPhone.
- Press the Home and Power buttons at the same time and your iPhone will take a screenshot. On newer iPhones, you need to press the volume up button and the side button.
- Open the Photos app on your device and you will see the screenshot saved there. This screenshot contains the Instagram photo you wanted to download.
You will notice that there are some unwanted portions of the screen in the screenshot, but you can crop them using the built-in editing feature on your device.
Use the Notes app to download Instagram Photos to iPhone
We fully understand that Notes app is for saving text notes and is not an Instagram downloader. But using a trick, you can use the app to save Instagram photos to your iPhone.
Basically, you copy the photo you want to download from Instagram and then put it into a note in the Notes app. The app will then allow you to save the photo in the Photos app.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and find the photo you want to download.
- When the photo is found, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the photo and select Copy Shared URL.
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone and paste the URL you just copied. Hit Enter and it will upload your chosen photo to Instagram. Press and hold the photo and select “Copy.”
- Open the Notes application and click on the new note icon in the lower right corner to create a new note.
- When the new note editing screen appears, press and hold anywhere inside the editing screen and select the Paste option. The photo you previously copied from Safari will be pasted.
- When you see the photo in your application, click the Share icon at the top. You won’t actually be sharing your photo.
- On the next screen, you will find the Save Image option. Click on it and it will save your photo in the Photos app.
Your chosen Instagram photo should now be available in the Photos app on your iPhone.
Download Instagram Photos to iPhone using Regrammer
Regrammer is an app made for Instagram users that allows you to post your photos, videos, stories and IGTV videos to your Instagram account. There is a trick that makes this app work like an Instagram downloader and allows you to download selected photos to iPhone.
The app is available for free on the iOS app store, but not in all countries.
- Download and install the Regrammer app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Instagram app, find the photo you want to download, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the photo, and select Copy URL for Sharing.
- Open the Regrammer app on your iPhone. Place the cursor in an input field, press and hold in the field, and select Paste. Then click “Go” at the bottom.
- On the next screen, you can edit your photo. Don’t do anything here and just click on the share icon in the middle.
- Click “Repost to Instagram” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- This launches the Instagram app, allowing you to republish the photo to your account. At this point, don’t proceed and just close the Instagram app.
- Open the Photos app on your device and you will see your Instagram photo uploaded to it.
It works so that when you share a photo from Regrammer to Instagram, Regrammer actually saves the photo to the Photos app first. Then even if you do not continue the repost, the photo will still remain on your device.
Use Instagram online downloader to download photos
Instagram’s restriction of not allowing users to upload photos has actually spawned a number of websites that allow those photos to be downloaded. You can use these sites on your iPhone in addition to your computers to download Instagram photos.
- Launch Instagram on your iPhone, find the photo you want to save, click on the three dots in the top right corner of the photo and select Copy Sharing URL.
- Open Safari and go to the GramSave website. Once there, press and hold in the input field and select “Paste.” Then click on the download icon.
- Click “Upload” on the next screen and the photo will open in full size.
- Press and hold the photo and select “Save Image”. The photo is saved in the Photos application on your device.
This is the full resolution version of your chosen Instagram photo.