How to Turn Off Your Popup or AdBlocker Temporarily.how to disable pop up blocker.turn off pop-up blocker in chrome.
Pop-up ads are annoying and even dangerous. Advertisers use them for marketing purposes, and hackers use them to infect your computer with viruses or malware. However, pop-ups can be useful as a chat support tool.
In addition, some websites require you to momentarily disable adblockers before performing certain actions, such as downloading a file or viewing certain content.
In this post, you will learn how to turn off pop-up blockers to disable any pop-ups or ads that you find useful during your browsing session.
How to Turn Off Popup Blocker in Desktop or Laptop Browsers
Most desktop and mobile browsers have pop-up or ad blocking enabled by default. Ad blockers do not block ads. Instead, they prevent ads from loading onto your computer’s hard drive, allowing web pages to load faster.
Here’s how to temporarily enable pop-ups or ads on a web page.
- Select the Advanced (â‹®) tab in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Privacy & Security section.
- Select Site Settings.
Select Popups and Redirects.
- In the Default Behavior section, select the Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects check box.
- If you only want pop-ups and ads for specific sites, go to the Custom Behaviors section.
- Click the Add button next to Allowed to send pop-ups and use the redirect option. Enter the address of this site and click Add.
- In Microsoft Edge, click the Settings and More â€¢â€¢â€¢ button located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings. Then select “Site Permissions”.
- Then select the Pop-ups and Redirects option. Move the switch to enable or disable pop-ups. Choose “Off” to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Select “Tools” in the Firefox+Running+Slow?+11+Ways+to+Speed+It+Up”>Firefox browser. If your version of Firefox does not have a Tools button, select the Open Application menu located to the right of your browser’s search bar.
- Select Settings.
- Select “Privacy & Security” on the left side of the panel.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section before selecting the Block pop-ups below.
- Uncheck the box next to the pop-up block to allow pop-ups for all websites.
- If you want to enable pop-ups for specific sites, select the Exclusions box, enter their website URL and select Save Changes.
- Select Close and restart your browser.
- Click the Tools button (gear icon) of Internet Explorer.
- Select your Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab. Under the pop-up blocker option, uncheck the box.
- Click OK to apply your changes.
- Select the “Easy Settings” tab located in the upper right corner of the Opera browser home page.
18 – Easy Setup
- Select Go to Full Browser Settings, then click Privacy & Security on the left side of the screen.
- Select Site Settings.
- Scroll down and select Popups and Redirects.
- Under Default Behavior, select Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects.
- If you want specific websites to disable your ad blocker, go to the Custom Behavior section, select Add and enter the website URL.
How to Turn Off Ad Blockers in Mobile Device Browsers
As with desktop browsers, pop-up blocking or ad blocking is enabled by default in most mobile browsers.
The following are ways to temporarily unblock pop-ups or ads on a mobile browser.
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Click More> Settings> Site Settings> Pop-up section.
- Tap the slider to enable / disable the pop-up blocker feature.
- Tap Settings on the Home screen of your Apple device.
- Tap Safari.
- Scroll down to the General section. Move the toggle next to Block pop-ups to enable (green indicator) and disable ad blocking.
- If your balloon still won’t open after enabling it, try refreshing the page.
- Open the Samsung Internet app with your Samsung device.
- Open Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Click “Block Pop-ups”.
- Uncheck the toggle on the pop-up blocker screen.
Turning Off Popup or AdBlocker Extensions
If the above methods don’t work, you most likely have a browser extension that blocks pop-ups or ads.
Here are some examples of ad blocking extensions:
- AdBlock Plus (works in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Safari, iOS, Android)
- uBlock Origin (works in Chrome and Firefox)
- Ghostery (works in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge)
- Adguard (works on Mac, Android, Windows, iOS)
Here’s how to temporarily disable a pop-up or ad blocker extension:
- Select the Advanced (â‹®) tab in Google Chrome.
- Hover over More Tools.
- Select Extensions. Check the list of extensions to find out which ones block ads, such as Adblock for YouTube.
- Click the slider to enable / disable the extension.
- Select Settings in the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Select “Advanced”> “Extensions”.
- Check if any ad blocking extensions are enabled.
- Click the radio button next to the pop-up blocker extension to turn it off.
- Click the menu button (â‹®) in Firefox.
- Select Add-ons and Themes.
- Select extensions. Check out the list of extensions and see if any of them are ad blockers.
- Click the blue radio button next to the ad blocker extension you want to disable.
- Click the Tools button in Internet Explorer.
- 0 – Select the Manage Add-ons option.
- 1 – Select the ad blocking extension you want to enable.
- 2 – Select Disable.
- Select the extensions icon in the upper right corner of the Opera browser.
- Select Manage Extensions.
- Opera will display a list of installed extensions in your browser.
- Click the Disable button under the ad blocker extension.
How do you manage pop-ups and ad blockers? Are you browser dependent or are you using a specific extension? Let us know in the comments.
How to Turn Off Your Popup or AdBlocker Temporarily
pop up blocker
pop up blocker
turn off pop-up blocker in chrome