How To Delete Apps From iCloud & Purchase History.
Most of us have purchased or downloaded an app that our relatives or friends most likely would not see. Whether it’s fake or something you’d rather not think about, you can hide or remove apps from your iCloud and purchase history.
By default, the apps you download or buy are registered by Apple and can be found by other users using your account. Whether you want a little privacy or just cover your tracks, this article will show you how to do it.
Why should you delete apps from iCloud and purchase history
With iCloud, you get peace of mind and convenience because digital assets, including your important photos and files, are stored on its servers so you can access them wherever you are.
The apps you download are backed up to iCloud, so if you want to delete the ones you no longer need, especially when using family sharing, you can delete or hide them from your purchase history.
Purchased apps might seem to take up space on your iCloud account, but they’re actually not stored in iCloud, but on Apple servers. What fills the space is data from apps.
While there is no direct feature to remove apps from iCloud, you can still hide them and manage your iCloud account and storage. This way, hidden apps will not appear in your shopping list, and people who share your account’s purchases will not be able to view them.
How to hide or delete apps from iCloud and purchase history
There are two ways to hide or remove apps from iCloud and purchase history.
Follow these steps to remove apps from iCloud and your iTunes purchase history:
- Open iTunes and click Store.
- Click Purchased in the right pane.
- Click Applications and then All to view all applications. Optionally, you can switch between iPhone and iPad, which have different app lists.
- Hover over the icon for the application you want to hide. If you see an X in the upper left corner, it means that the app is hidden and will no longer appear in your device’s purchase history and you cannot download it from iCloud.
- Hide the app from your device by going to the App Store and clicking Updates Purchased (for iOS 10), or tap your profile icon on the Updates screen to open your account, and then tap Purchased (iOS 11).
- Tap All to see all the apps in your device’s purchase history and hide it by swiping right on the app you want to hide
- A red Hide button appears, indicating that the app is hidden and no longer visible in iCloud.
Using iOS, Mac or Windows Devices
First, we’ll talk about how to remove apps from iCloud on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Click Settings, select your name at the top, and click iCloud.
- Click “Manage Storage”.
- Click Backups when you see your iCloud storage settings.
- A list of all devices associated with your iCloud account appears in the Backups section. Select the device with the apps you want to uninstall.
- Go to the Select Data to Back Up section and click Show All Applications.
- Find the app you want to remove from iCloud and tap the switch next to it. You will see a message asking if you want to turn off app backups and delete all associated data from iCloud. Click Power Off and Uninstall to complete the process.
Next, we’ll talk about how to remove apps from iCloud on your Mac.
- Click the menu and select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences dialog box, click iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password if prompted, and a verification code if sent to your iPhone or iPad, and click Manage in the main iCloud interface.
- On the Manage Storage screen, locate the application you want to uninstall in the left pane, click to select it, and then click Delete Documents and Data. This will remove all files associated with a specific app from the iCloud backup.
- Click Remove on the warning message that appears to end the process.
Finally, we’ll walk you through how to remove apps from iCloud on your Windows PC.
- Open iCloud on your PC and enter your Apple ID, password, and verification code if sent to your other devices. In the main iCloud interface, select Storage.
- On the Manage Storage screen, find the application you want to remove in the left pane, select it, and then select Remove Documents and Data. This will delete all files associated with the app from the iCloud backup. Select “Remove” to complete the process.
How to hide or delete apps from purchase history
Purchase History shows you a list of apps, movies, songs, TV shows, and books, among other items you’ve purchased with your Apple ID. In addition, you can also request a refund, see the invoice or purchase date of an item, the payment method charged for that item, and even re-email the receipt to yourself.
- To view your purchase history on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, open Settings, tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store. Tap your Apple ID View Apple ID and sign in.
- Scroll down to the Purchase History section and click on it to view your purchase history.
- If you’re using a Mac or Windows PC, open iTunes or the Music app and choose Account View My Account.
- Scroll down to the Purchase History section and click View All next to Recent Purchases.
To remove apps from your purchase history, open the App Store, click your profile picture in the upper right corner of the screen and select Purchased. Open the app you want to hide and swipe from right to left. A red Hide button will appear, so click on it to hide the app.
Note. You cannot display apps on your iOS devices, but you can re-download the app without purchasing it again. Do this by going to the App Store, tap Today, and then tap your photo or the account button at the top of the screen.
Click on your Apple ID, sign in if prompted, and click on Hidden Purchases at the bottom.
Navigate to the app you want to re-download and click the download button.
On a Mac, log in and open the App Store, then click your name at the bottom. The apps you purchased appear.
Hover over the app, click the More Options button and select Hide Purchase.
Click “Hide purchase” to confirm the action.
Unlike iOS devices, you can display apps on your Mac.
- Open the App Store, click your name and then click View Info. Go to the “Hidden Items” section and click “Manage”.
- Navigate to the application you want to display, click Show and then Finish. You will see the app reappear in the Purchased list.
How to view hidden purchases
You can view apps that you have hidden from your purchase history list because they have not completely disappeared from the list.
- Open the App Store, tap your profile picture, tap your account and then scroll down and tap Hidden Purchases.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a list of everything you’ve ever hidden. Keep tapping the cloud icon to reinstall the apps you want. If you don’t see the apps you want, tap iPhone Apps and iPad Apps to find them.
We hope you now know how to hide or remove iCloud apps and purchase history on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, or Windows PC. Let us know if you managed to do the same on your devices after following the steps above by leaving your comment in the section below.