how to crosspost on Reddit 2023.
With so many different forms of social media available. it’s more important than ever to engage your audience by sharing your message on as many platforms as possible. Reddit is one of the most important platforms with thousands of different communities (called subreddits) where you can post.
Some subreddits have huge audiences, making it much easier to get your message across. Others are much smaller, with a niche audience centered around a central theme. This is where cross-posting becomes important. So, if you want to learn how to cross-post on Reddit, here’s what you’ll need.
What is a Reddit Crosspost?
When we talk about cross-posting, we mean the process of posting the same Reddit post to several different subreddits. You can decide to do this if you want to reach similar audiences with your content by giving your content the maximum number of viewers (and commentators) at the same time.
By cross-posting, you will publish the same post (regardless of the content it contains) to multiple subreddits at the same time. Each post is independent of the other – likes and comments are not displayed for every post (even if you link to a previous post).
This distinguishes cross-posting from reposting. If you repost on Reddit, you repost (with the same content) on the same subreddit sometime after the original post was posted. On the other hand, cross-posting is based on publishing on a completely different subreddit.
However, if you want to cross-post, you should check the subreddit rules first. Not every subreddit allows cross-posting (or reposting), so you’ll need to check the rules. Otherwise, you can get banned (or shadowban).
Linking to Existing Posts vs Crossposting on Reddit
If you are thinking about cross-posting on Reddit, you need to remember the difference between cross-posting and linking to existing posts.
Crosspost repeats the same post, including content. This may include a disclaimer warning the user that the post is a cross-post (or x-post) of the original, as well as a link.
While a cross-post may link to the original post, the link is out of focus because you are repeating the original content instead. This does not apply to posts that contain only links, where clicking on the post header takes the user back to the original post.
However, as with cross-posting, you need to make sure you have permission to link to another post in the same or a different subreddit. Each subreddit has its own rules about this, so check them out first.
How to Check Subreddit Rules for Crossposting
Each subreddit, as we mentioned, has its own rules. You need to make sure you understand the rules before posting, as cross-posting on a subreddit that does not allow this will delete your post and may result in a ban.
You can determine if the rules prohibit cross-posting or linking here. If the rules are unclear (or you are not sure). you can check it by sending a message to the moderator. The list of moderators for each subreddit is displayed under the subreddit rules.
How to Crosspost on Reddit in a Web Browser
If you want to cross-post on Reddit, you can do so in your web browser on your PC or Mac.
- Start by opening the Reddit website and navigate to the subreddit page. You can do it manually (using the address bar) or use the Reddit search bar to access the subreddit.
- On the subreddit page, open the post you want to post. Below the listed content, click the Share button. Select the Crosspost option from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re using the old Reddit interface, click the Crosspost button instead.
- From the New Cross-Post menu, from the Select Community drop-down menu, select the subreddit to which you want to publish the cross-post. Subreddits that cannot be published will be grayed out.
- When you are ready to post a message, click the Post button. If the post requires approval first, click the Request to Publish button.
- Once approved, the crosspost will appear in a new subreddit as a post tagged Crossposted by.
How to Crosspost on Reddit in the Mobile App
Mobile users can also cross-post using the Reddit mobile app. You will also need to sign in using a suitable Reddit account. Depending on the amount of Reddit Karma you have and the subreddit itself, you won’t be able to cross-post until you’ve earned a reputation, so check that first.
- Open the Reddit app to get started using the search bar to find a subreddit containing the post you want to send.
- On the subreddit, click the Share button at the bottom right of each card.
- From the Share menu, select the Crosspost on Reddit option. This step will depend on whether you are using an Android device or an iPhone.
- From the Select Community menu, select the subreddit you want to cross-post to, and then select the Publish option.
Building a Reddit Audience
Once you know how to cross-post on Reddit, you can infiltrate the platform and start building an audience around your content. You can take it a step further by scheduling your Reddit posts ahead of time, or if you want to keep up to date with new posts yourself, you can set up your own Reddit alerts.
Don’t forget to like and promote the posts you like, and if other users like your posts, you’ll get Reddit Karma and Reddit Gold in the process. Reddit isn’t for everyone, however, so if you can’t find interesting subreddits to join, you might want to delete your Reddit account instead.
how to crosspost on Reddit 2021
how to crosspost on Reddit 2021.
how to crosspost on reddit app
how to crosspost on reddit 2020
how to crosspost on reddit mobile
how to crosspost on reddit apollo
how to crosspost on reddit is fun
why can’t i crosspost on reddit
reddit crosspost etiquette
how to crosspost a comment on reddit