How To Create Partition In Windows With Disk Management.
You no longer need to delete files if you run out of space on a particular disk. In this article you will find a step-by-step guide “How to resize a Windows 7 partition for free”.
You can see that I took 60GB from my c drive and made a new [allocate] rtt [/ allocate] 60GB drive out of it.
Let’s see how to do it:
1. Go to start menu computer right click it manage.
2. From the Computer Management menu, select Storage Disk Management.
3. Select the drive you want to create a partition on and right-click shirk volume.
Here I will split my c drive
Please be patient, this may take a few minutes depending on the size of your disk.
4. Select the amount of compression: it will be equal to the new disk you want to create,
It’s like I want to make my new 60GB (61440 MB) drive, so I’ll shrink it down to 61440 MB.
5. Click Next, select the NTFS partition and click Finish. You will have to wait a while.
Now you can see that a new unallocated disk has been created.
6. Right-click the unallocated partition and select the new simple volume. And click “Next”.
7. Under the format, this volume retains the default setting:
- File system: NTFS (better for large volume)
- Allocation unit size: default.
- Volume name: give it any name you want here. I used RTT as my volume name … you can change it later.
When done, click Next.
8. Click Finish to complete it.
9. Bingo. You will see that a new disk has been created.
How to add a partition to an existing drive
Now we know how to cut off the extra hard disk space and create a new disk, but what if we want to add this free space to another existing hard disk partition.
So, I’ll remove the RTT content disk to free up some space. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Now that you have unallocated space, select the drive you want to increase disk space on right click the extenD volume.
I will add this to my c drive again.
Click Next and wait for the process to complete.
That’s it, check my computer, you will now find the space added to your desired drive.
You can use free disk partitioning software such as
The partition expansion function works only with contiguous unallocated space, that is, with a partition whose boundaries touch each other.
Here you can see that unallocated space and drive c have a common border, and it is to the right of it. side, this is the reason that you find the extra volume is off. (in my case, the D drive is 162.5 GB). To fix this problem, you can use third party software.
Volume disable extension
How To Create Partition In Windows With Disk Management