With millions of songs and videos available on various online platforms, it can sometimes become difficult to separate your favorite songs from others. I used to spend a lot of time trying to find the same content over and over again as I had to manually find my favorite music or video in a long list of items.
Fortunately, I quickly discovered the benefits of playlists, a list of all music tracks and / or videos that you choose to combine under one name. So when you click on the list and open it, all of your favorite items are immediately in front of your eyes. You don’t need to search or search for your content anywhere else.
Here’s how you can create a playlist across a variety of video and music platforms.
Create playlists on YouTube
It is very easy to create a YouTube video playlist. You select a video, and the site gives you the option to add it to an existing playlist or create a new playlist for it.
- Go to YouTube and play the video you want to add to the playlist.
- On the video page, you will find an Add To option at the bottom of the video. Click on this option and you can add the video to your existing playlist.
- If you don’t have a playlist yet, you can create one by clicking “Create New Playlist” at the bottom of the menu. Enter a name for the playlist, select its visibility status, and finally click Create.
A new playlist will be created with the name of your choice, and your selected video will be added to it.
Create playlists on Vimeo
If you’ve been using Vimeo for a while, you may have noticed that the site doesn’t use the term “playlists” anywhere. Instead, the word Showcase is used to refer to playlists.
Vimeo Showcase also has privacy features like YouTube playlists, and creating them is as easy as clicking a few options.
- Go to Vimeo and play the video you want to organize in a playlist. Hover over the video and select the penultimate Add to Collections option.
- Click the + (plus) sign next to Showcases on the next screen. Enter a name for your storefront and click “Add”. A new showcase (playlist) will be created and the selected video will be added to it.
You can find all your Vimeo showcases under the Profile> Collections menu on the website.
Create playlists in Dailymotion
Dailymotion takes the same approach as YouTube, allowing users to create playlists on the platform. You just need to find the video you want to add to the playlist, click on the icon and you’re done.
Open the Dailymotion website and watch your favorite video. During video playback, four icons appear on the right sidebar. Click on the last one and you can add the video to the playlist.
A lightbox will appear allowing you to either add the video to an existing playlist, or create a new playlist and add the video to it. Choose what you like best and you’re done.
Create playlists on Metacafe
Metacafe also has an interface similar to YouTube and Dailymotion, and the procedure for creating a playlist is basically the same as on the other two platforms.
- Go to Metacafe, play the video, and click the Add button below the video.
- Now select an existing playlist or create a new playlist by clicking Add to New Playlist.
The video you selected will be added to the playlist of your choice.
Create playlists on Spotify
Spotify provides a much easier way to create playlists than any other platform. Once you access the main site interface, you will find the option to create a playlist right on the left side of the screen.
- If you want to add to a playlist, play the song on Spotify for the web, click the three dots next to the song title and select Add to Playlist.
- Create a new playlist or add a song to an existing one. The choice is completely yours.
Create playlists on Apple Music
Apple Music still doesn’t offer a web version, so you’ll need to use the iTunes app on your computer to create a playlist.
- Launch the app on your computer and enter the Apple Music section inside.
- Find the music track you want to add to the playlist.
- Click on the three dots next to the track title and select “Add to Playlist”.
- Create a new playlist or add a track to an existing one.
- Launch the web version of Google Play Music.
- Click on Music Library in the left sidebar.
- Choose Songs from the menu at the top.
- Right-click any of your songs and select Add to Playlist.
- Go to SoundCloud and sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Select the music track you want to add to your playlist and go to a separate page.
- When you’re there, click the button labeled “More” and select Add to Playlist.
From now on, the tracks you have selected will be displayed in your playlist.
Create playlists on Google Play Music
The web version of Google Play Music is very neat and clean and there are only a few options to play with. With such a minimalistic setup, it is very easy to create a playlist for your favorite music tracks.
You can both add a song to a playlist and create a new playlist for your songs.
Create playlists on SoundCloud
SoundCloud is one of the few websites that I have my own playlists, and I’ve found this platform to be one of the easiest to create playlists and organize music tracks.
As with many other platforms, it will ask if you want to add the song to an existing playlist or create a new one. Choose the option you want and you’re done.
Playlists make it easy to find and play all your favorite music and videos across multiple platforms. You can create as many playlists as you want and let all tracks automatically play for you whenever you want.