How To Convert HEIC Images To JPG.
HEIC is one of the newer image formats that gives you JPG image quality but half the size of the original image. Apple has started using this new format on its iPhones, and the latest photos you take on your iPhone will most likely be saved in this new format.
While these HEIC photos will open just fine on your iPhone and some other compatible devices like Mac, these photos won’t work equally well on many other devices and apps. The format is still not very popular, and many applications and devices do not yet support it.
If you have photos saved in HEIC and you want them to be compatible with other devices and applications, your best option at the moment is to convert those photos to the widely popular JPG format. After that, your photos will be available on almost all devices and applications.
Convert HEIC to JPG using tool on Windows
Convert HEIC to JPG with a tool on Windows
If you are a Windows user and have multiple non-HEIC photos, you can use a nice little tool to convert your photos to a compatible format on your Windows computer.
There is CopyTrans tool that allows you to convert HEIC photos to JPG offline on your computer. Once the tool is up and running on your computer, all you have to do is right-click the photo you want to convert and the tool will take care of the rest for you.
What’s more, the tool is available for free for personal use and you can use it to convert any number of your photos.
- To get started, go to the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows website, download and install the tool on your computer.
After installing the tool, you can start browsing the HEIC photos saved on your computer by double clicking on them.
The selected photo will be converted to JPG format and it should be available under the same name as the original photo in the same folder on your computer.
You can share the converted photo with anyone as it can now be viewed on most of your devices.
Convert HEIC to JPG using a service on Mac
If you are a Mac user and are using the latest macOS on your computer, you have the option to view HEIC photos, but you cannot convert them from the context menu yet.
Luckily, there is a simple service that you can create in the Automator app on your Mac that will help you convert your HEIC photos to JPG right from the context menu. It’s pretty easy to create.
- Click Launchpad in the Dock, find and click Automator to launch the application.
- At startup, click the File menu and select New to create a new service.
- Select Tools and then Select on the next screen.
- Find the copy search items in the action list and drag them to the main panel on the right side. Make sure the To field is Desktop.
- Find another action called Change Image Type and when you find it, drag it to the main panel on the right side.
- From the Type drop-down menu for this action, select the option labeled JPEG to convert your photos to JPG.
- At the top of the right pane, select the following options:
Service gets selected – files or folders
in – Finder
- Save the service by clicking the File menu and choosing Save.
- Enter a name for the service and click Save. Be sure to use a meaningful name as it will appear in the right-click menu.
- Now find the HEIC photo you want to convert to JPG, right click the photo and select Services and then your service name.
Your photo will be converted to JPG format and saved on your Mac desktop.
Convert HEIC to JPG Online
Convert HEIC to JPG online
If you prefer the online method rather than installing apps to convert your HEIC photos to JPG, you have several websites available for this task.
One of these websites is HEIC to JPG and as the name suggests, it allows you to convert your HEIC photos to the standard JPG format in your web browser.
To get started, simply launch the HEIC to JPG website in your browser. When the site loads, drag your HEIC photo to the site and it will convert the photos for you.
You don’t need to download anything to use this web service. All you need is a compatible web browser and you’re good to go.