How To Connect Spotify To Discord. Spotify is the service that has brought music streaming to the mainstream, offering instant access to millions of songs and artists. Buying and downloading music is a thing of the past with Spotify. Music ownership has been replaced by a monthly unlimited access fee with many built-in options to share your musical taste with others.
If you’re a Discord user, you can connect Spotify to Discord, allowing you to share your music habits with your friends as you play games and chat on your own Discord server If you want to learn how to connect Spotify to Discord, all you need is a Spotify account and a Discord server to test.
Why should you link Spotify to Discord
If you love music, it makes sense to share it. If you connect Spotify to Discord, you can share your music tastes with other Discord users on the servers you like to chat and chat on.
Do you have a new favorite artist that you can’t stop listening to? Discord will show this by letting others hop on board and start streaming on their own from the Discord platform. You can do the same by using other people’s playlists, hitting the play button and starting to enjoy the new content.
To do this, you need to link your Spotify account with your Discord user account. Once your accounts are linked, you can decide whether to show the currently playing music in your profile, as well as your Discord user status.
Connect Spotify to a Discord Account on PC or Mac
If you want to link Spotify to your Discord account, you will need to do this on the Discord website or from the Discord app on your PC or Mac. Since the interface is nearly identical, these steps should work for all users, regardless of the platform used.
- First open the Discord website or desktop application. Your username will be shown in the lower left corner. Click the settings gear icon to access your Discord account settings.
- You will be taken to the Discord settings menu. In the User Preferences category on the left menu, select the Connections option.
- You can connect to various third party services such as Twitch and YouTube from the Connections tab. To connect to your Spotify account, click the Spotify icon in the Connect Your Accounts box at the top of the menu.
- A new window will open to authorize your Discord connection to Spotify. If you are not signed in to Spotify, you will need to sign in at this point. To confirm the connection between Spotify and Discord, click the Agree button.
- Once approved, the connection will appear on the Connections tab. This gives you the ability to determine how much information about your Spotify gaming habits you share with other Discord users. You can enable the currently playing music to be displayed in your user profile by clicking on the “Display in profile” slider. Alternatively, you can configure it to only show up as your Discord user status by clicking Show Spotify as the status parameter instead.
If you want to delete the connection, click the cross in the upper right corner of the Spotify connection window.
- In the Disable Spotify field, click Disconnect to confirm.
- If you decide to delete your Spotify connection to Discord (for example, if you decide to change your Spotify or Discord user accounts), you will also need to disable the Discord connection in the Apps tab in Spotify. account settings. To do this, click Remove Access next to Discord in the list of apps.
Connect Spotify to a Discord Mobile Account
If you use Discord on your Android device, iPhone, or iPad, you can also connect Spotify to Discord using the Discord app on those platforms.
As with PC, Discord’s interface is almost identical on Android and Apple devices, so these steps should work on any device.
- To get started, open the Discord app on your mobile device and click the account icon in the bottom right corner. This is usually the profile picture you chose for your Discord account.
- From the User Preferences menu, select Connections.
- A list of your active Discord connections to third-party services will be shown in the Connections menu. To connect Spotify to Discord, click the Add button in the top right corner.
- From the Connect Your Accounts list, select the Spotify option.
- Discord will open an internal browser page where you will need to login using your Spotify username and password. Once logged in, you will need to click the Agree button to confirm the connection on the Spotify login page. If you’ve previously authorized Discord to connect to Spotify, this process will happen automatically.
- Discord will confirm Spotify has been connected to your account if the process is successful. Click on the cross in the upper left corner to return to the Connections menu.
The Connections menu will show the new Spotify connection. Here
you can enable Spotify information sharing. To share Spotify playback data on your profile, tap the Show on profile slider. To share it as your status on Discord, tap Display Spotify as the status slider.
- If you play music on the Spotify app and want to share details about it on the Discord app, you need to enable the Device Broadcast Status option in Spotify. Click the Open link in the Connections tab in Discord to automatically open the Spotify app.
- In the Spotify app, tap the settings gear icon in the upper right corner.
- In the Spotify settings menu, tap the slider next to Device Streaming Status. Once enabled, the music you are playing will be transferred to the Discord app in the background.
- If you want to remove the connection between Discord and Spotify at any time, tap the cross in the upper right corner of the Spotify connection window in the Connections menu of the Discord app.
- In the Disconnect Spotify field, click Disconnect to remove the connection. You will also need to do this in your Spotify account settings in order to completely disable both accounts.
Discord is more than just a console
With a turn towards building a community, Discord is moving beyond its origins as a platform for gamers. As the integration with Spotify shows, Discord is great for music lovers to share with their favorite artists. You can take it a step further by adding Discord bots to play music directly on your server.
There are other types of Discord bots that you can use to improve your server, with moderation, memes, and music streaming being part of the features they have to offer. Of course, Discord isn’t the only platform, Discord alternatives like Slack offer a wide range of features that you might find useful.
How To Connect Spotify To Discord