Google Calendar allows users to choose which of many different calendars they want to see in the same interface. You can keep your work, personal, family, or any other calendar you want to create.
This article is a guide on how to combine multiple Google calendars to display one calendar.
What are the benefits of Google Calendar?
Easily share all or just a part of your calendar with family, friends, colleagues and clients. Other benefits include:
- Access your calendars anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Attach documents or invitations to calendar events.
- Set date and time of appointments with other users Google Calendar with Time Finder
- Places and maps can be attached to a calendar event.
- Enables quick search function.
- Syncs with many free scheduling tools
Add New Calendar
New calendars can only be configured in the browser, not in the Google Calendar app. Once created, you can access it from within the app.
- On your computer, sign in to your Google account and go to Google Calendar Check the time zone in the popup to make sure it is correct.
- On the left, click on the + sign to the right of Other Calendars> Add Other Calendars.
- Click “Create New Calendar” in the pop-up windows.
- Give your calendar a name and description, and then click Create Calendar.
Integrate Other Google Calendars
Besides adding your own, you can combine multiple Google calendars.
- If you want to add someone else’s calendar to yourself, select the + sign next to Other Calendars and click Subscribe to Calendar.
- Enter your Gmail address and you will see a pop-up message saying that you do not have access to this calendar. Use the form to request access.
- You can also add public calendars such as sports and religious holidays. Follow the same steps as above, this time clicking Browse Calendars of Interest. These events will appear on all instances of your calendar, including Android calendars.
- You can also add people’s birthdays to your Gmail contact list. Take a look at the left side of your Google Calendar for birthdays. Click the eye icon to show or hide it from view.
How to create calendars
Customize your calendar by changing its settings. Hover your cursor over the calendar name on the left and click on the three dots.
A pop-up window will open with the following options:
- Show Only This: see only this calendar in the viewport.
- Hide From List: Hide this calendar from viewing the window
- Customize and Share: To change other advanced settings.
Share your calendar
In Google Calendar, you can create multiple calendars, each with different sharing settings. Here are some sharing options:
- Share your schedule with a specific person or people
- Add a new calendar that allows different people to edit it.
- Delegate permissions to someone who can plan and edit events for you.
Remember that giving full permission to someone will allow them to share your calendar with others, edit and create events, and respond to invitations.
Share an existing calendar
Follow these instructions or read how easy it is to share your Google Calendar
- Open Google Calendar on your computer (you cannot use a sharing app).
- Select the calendar you want to share on the left side and expand it by clicking on it.
- Click Calendar Settings.
- In the Access Permissions section, you can make the calendar public if you want (Warning notification that all events will be visible to everyone after publishing your calendar)
- Under Share with Specific People, click Add People By Their Name or Email Address.
- Click the drop-down menu to set permissions and then click Submit.
- The people you are sending the invitation to must click the link in the email to add your calendar to their list of calendars.
You can only share your calendar with someone with a Google account.
As with sharing preferences in other Google apps, you can decide how those you share your calendar with find or edit your events.
The screenshot above shows four permission settings. Here’s what each means and what you allow others to do with your shared calendar.
Find only free / busy (hide details)
The rest will be able to see only when the event is booked and there is free time. They won’t see the details of your event.
View all event details
This permission setting allows other users to see all event details (except private ones), including time zone settings.
When you use this permission setting, other users can edit and add events, find information about each event, including private ones, and permanently delete or restore events from the trash.
Make changes and manage sharing
This permission allows others to add and edit events, change sharing settings, permanently delete or restore your calendar from the trash can, and find information about all your events, including private ones.
How to sync all of your calendars
If you want to see all of your events in one calendar, you can sync them together by following these steps:
- Open Google Calendar
- Click on the gear next to your profile picture in the upper right corner, then in settings
- On the General tab, click Import & Export> Export.
- Export one calendar and save it to your desktop.
- Go back to your main calendar.
- Click on the gear, then select Settings.
- From Import and Export, select Import Calendar.
To distinguish events from different calendars, develop a color-coding system. For example, use green for work activities and pink for personal.
How to sync Google Calendar to your iPhone
To sync Google Calendar with your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Passwords & Accounts.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Google
- Click Continue after a pop-up window appears asking if the settings can use google.com to sign in.
- Enter your Gmail email> Next
- Enter your Gmail password> Next
- Synchronize calendar contacts, events, and email
You will now see your Google Calendar events on your iPhone calendar.
How to sync Google Calendar to Android phone
Android devices easily connect and sync all your calendars with your Google account. Use the Google Calendar app or the calendar app installed on your phone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to Accounts.
- Click Add account
- If you have already connected your Google account, select it from the list of accounts.
- Choose your Google username.
- Make sure the box next to the calendar is checked.
- If you are not already connected to your Google account, select Google from the list.
- Select an existing one
- Sign in with your Google account email address and password
Combining multiple Google calendars will help you stay organized. You can choose to view all your events in one calendar, or choose which one you want to see at any time.