To be honest, the default theme in Google Chrome is nothing special. Of course, from time to time, to celebrate a holiday or a global event, Google changes its logo to suit it, giving us a little something visually appealing. However, this is nothing more than a flair. Where is personalization?
Investing in Google Themes really lets your personality shine. Quickly decorate your Chrome theme with different colors and symbols to add to your homepage, new tab background, search bar and bookmark tab. There is sure to be a Chrome theme that works best for you.
How to change the look of Chrome
So how exactly are you going to download and add a Chrome theme? Well, first, you need to visit the Chrome Web Store Without using the link, to change the Chrome theme, you will need to go to your browser settings, select “Appearance” and click on “Themes.”
Chrome Web Store Themes
Chrome Web Store Features
You can sort the topics by changing the category in the left sidebar to one of three options: Everyone, Google, and Artist.
Here’s an overview of the Google Chrome theme categories when set to All:
- Published in Chrome: These themes have been specifically designed by Google for use with Chrome themes.
- Dark and Black Themes: Let darkness flow through you and your Chrome theme.
- Minimalist themes: These themes are suitable for users who are not looking for anything that is considered “too trendy” and just want something different from the norm.
- Space Exploration: Travel the galaxy right in your browser.
- Enchanting Places: To create breathtaking landscape images, Enchanting Places are themed for you.
- Superhero Sketches: For all superhero fans. Show your love for Deadpool, Justice League, and even playable heroes like Link from Legend of Zelda.
- Color splash. Brighten up your Chrome browser with just a selection of colored Chrome themes.
- Into The Forest: For addictive and eerie forest themes.
- Cool rides: car enthusiasts rejoice, Google Chrome has themes for you.
- Bring in the sunshine: From sunrise to sunset, admire the sun-drenched beaches, mountain ranges and cities.
- Chrome in full bloom: prefer a few colors? Add one of these Chrome themes to display flowers as you browse the web.
- And much more.
Here you can browse through the thousands of available themes to find the one you like best. Every theme in the store is free, so you can try as much as you like.
You can click the View All button located in the upper right corner of each theme section to view all the Chrome themes in that section.
To view a theme, click the thumbnail and go to the Browse tab to see how the theme will look on a tabbed page.
After installing the theme, the default theme will be automatically replaced with the new one. You will have the opportunity to undo the theme and make a different choice if the one you initially chose doesn’t reflect your personality as you hoped.
Installing Chrome Theme
Install Chrome Theme
- On the themes page in the Chrome Web Store, browse until you find the theme you want to preview.
- You can select a Chrome theme by left clicking on one of the thumbnails.
- Before you click, you can hover over a thumbnail to get a piece of information about a theme or artist.
- Clicking on the thumbnail will take you to the download page for this theme. Check the review to see if you want to install the new theme that way.
- You can also see what others have to say about the topic by going to the Reviews tab.
- Once you have made your decision, click the Add to Chrome button in the upper left corner.
- Chrome themes can also be added to the Brave browser for anyone using it. For you guys, the button will be labeled “Add to Brave”.
- It should only take a few seconds to load and your default theme will be replaced by the new one.
Remove or change Chrome theme
Remove or change the appearance of Chrome
Are you tired of your new theme and want to replace it with something else or return to the default? Piece of cake.
The procedure for removing or changing a Chrome theme is very similar to adding it.
- Open the Chrome menu and return to settings.
- To change the Chrome theme, click on Appearance and then Themes. Then find a new one by repeating the process you followed to add it the first time.
- To delete a theme, click Appearance and to the right of the current theme, click the Restore Defaults button. This will return your theme to its original state.